We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices

West Midlands
Level Contributor
382 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Prices

How do food prices compare to those in England. We are self catering but would like to have some nice meals out.

Would like a nice restaurant in Valetta for a birthday meal, any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices

Valletta has a huge choice of restautants and cafes.

Down the little back streets and on some of the popular streets such as Merchant street you can find many very inexpensive little cafes where a good meal of local dishes , such as timpana can give you a lovely filling meal very inexpensively.

The band clubs and Labour club on Republic street ( the main street ) are good places to eat without costing too much.

As for a restaurant for a special meal there are some good choices on the side streets off Republic Street near the top.

I suggest that while you are there you have a wander about and find somwhere that suits you.

The price for meals can vary from 3 or 4 euros in a basic cafe to 20 euros at " posher " places.

Try the pastizzi from the little " hole in the wall " places. These are small pastries filled with either ricotta cheese or mashed peas.. They are delicious , filling and about 25 cents each. a couple of these makes a great cheap lunchtime snack ---- very popular with the Maltese. They are full of calories --- but what the hell -------- you`re on holiday.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
West Midlands
Level Contributor
382 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices

Thanks Graham, my mouth's watering already.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices

Malata is in a good position on the square opposite the Palace and has tables Al Fresco.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices

Food prices in my opinion are similar to the UK. Agree with the hat suggestion of Melata - you will enjoy I'm sure.

Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices

me and my partner will be staying at an apartment in Senglea for 1 month soon, we would like to know the cost of a pint of beer and any ideas for eating out in Senglea?

Mentioned in this post
Senglea
Senglea
Island of Malta, Malta
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices

Price of a bt bud €1.80 dearest we paid

Cisk local beer €0.80- €1.50 btl

pint of Cisk about€2.50

Coffee ranges from €1.00 -€2.2 depending on what you want like Cappucino

Food we had two hugh burger meals including starters coffee and beers €28.00 for the lot but the burger on its own was big enough.You can have lunch for €5.00 or the dearest dinner we had was in my favourite restaurante in Malta Peperoncino in St Julians lovely restaurant great staff and great food including wine etc. was €55.00 total.

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices

A few eating establishments in Senglea, but at least half a dozen decent restaurants in Vittoriosa about a 15 minute walk away - most of them alongside the marina - prices similar to U.K.

Mentioned in this post
Senglea
Senglea
Island of Malta, Malta
Birgu (Vittoriosa)
Birgu (Vittoriosa)
Island of Malta, Malta
8. Re: Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:18