We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hi there

We're off to Malta on Saturday and would be grateful if anyone could give me any help with an itinerary. It's our first visit so difficult to tell how long we'd need in one place or whether trying to cram too much in.

We're staying in Mellieha and my boyfriend doesn't mind driving around, although doesn't really want to be doing this in the evening so he can have a few drinks!

Saturday

Arrive lunchtime

Catch bus to Valetta

Sightseeing during morning/early afternoon

Grand Harbour cruise in afternoon

Ferry crossing to Sliema

Walk from Sliema to St Julians for evening

Sunday

Morning

Drive to Blue Grotto

Ruins at Qrendi

Lunch somewhere?

Afternoon

Dingli cliffs

Rabat - Catacombs of St Paul and St Agatha’s Crypt

Mdina

Evening

Drive back to Mellieha and walk/bus to St Paul's/Qawra

Monday

Explore Mellieha/Marfa Ridge and Xemxija

Afternoon

Drive to Paola for Hal Saflieni Hypogeum

Drive to Marsacala

Drive to Marsaxlokk

Back to Mellieha and evening there

I'm still working on Tuesday which will be spent in Gozo.

Is Birzebugga worth a visit and if so, can it be squeezed in anywhere? Is there anything that needs rejigging/places to add/remove?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

L

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

I meant to say for the Saturday, as we're arriving at lunchtime, we'd have to catch the 2pm bus to be in Valetta for 3pm - which doesn't give us very long for sightseeing!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

Willcome back later , but I think you crammed too much of Valletta on the first day and will need to find an afternoon to see Valletta properly .

In a hurry me now

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

So in actual fact how long are you staying ?

If you're arriving Saturday lunch time, you could go round Valletta in the afternoon and then get the Ferry to Sliema (but check the times because as far as I know they don't work in the evenings). The Harbour cruises start from Sliema but you won't have time to go on one on Saturday.

It's too far to walk from Mellieha to Bugibba. To go to the Hypogeum you have to have reservations as only a few people are allowed in at a time (heritagemalta.com).

With the short time you have I'd skip Birzebbugia. Even if things go according to plan you don't have much time to see Valletta. Mdina is a must see . Have you checked the buses from Qawra/Bugibba back to Mellieha ? arriva.com.mt

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

This will help

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190328-i1499-k492…

5. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:16