We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi with child seats in Malta?

london
Level Contributor
372 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Hello,

I'm looking for a reliable taxi service that has child seats,, that I can book via the internet to pick us up/drop us at the airport and take us to Sliema. Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks,

debbie

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Dont think I ever seen a taxi with a child seat in it anywhere why would they

as most taxis are used by adults.Maltatransfer.com operate out of the airport will cost you about €7.00 each way per person they may have a child seat that can be set up before they pick you up.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Hi Debbie

Take your child seat with you on the flight over but just ensure that your flight carriers allow this.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

google Wembleys they are in St Julians but go all over the island, surely they have car seats for a child or otherwise take your own but you would still need to know whether they have the correct anchor for the seats.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Reply to wrappido

Dont think I ever seen a taxi with a child seat in it anywhere why would they

---------------------------------

Because its EU law

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1424349/Child-se…

Edited: 23 January 2012, 06:17
Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Dustyjoe

You are correct that it is the law to have a child car seat, however in the UK and I believe this has been adopted in the EU taxis are exempt:-

There are three exceptions where there is not a child seat available. In each case the child MUST use the adult belt instead. They are -

1) in a licensed taxi or private hire vehicle;

2) if the child is travelling on a short distance for reason of unexpected necessity;

3) if there are two occupied child restraints in the rear which prevent the fitment of a third.

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

At the moment child car seats for private vehicles are not yet an EU directive. This is not to be confused with law. What will happen is this proposal is likely to gain assent in the very near future then it will become an EU Directive issued to all member states then the timeline will be for it to be adopted to their law to be within 3 years.

That said I have not seen a taxi with child seats. Children are different heights so different types of seats are likely to be required which would make it totally impractical for a taxi to carry them. I would expect taxis and buses to be exempt although I have yet to read the draft.

I have contacted the people that I usually use for transfers and at this time they are not even considering providing child seats

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Anther reason why would they, would be because the passenger who is a paying customer requests one for the safety of his or hers child. Any company who values its customers safety would!!

8. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2012, 14:48
9. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 14 August 2012, 14:48
10. Re: Taxi with child seats in Malta?

Edited: 14 August 2012, 14:48