We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

Newton Abbot
Level Contributor
179 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

We would like to be taken to Gozo to explore,for the day from Sliema..We made contact with the highly rec. Amy Pace but at 210 euros for a couple, it was a bit more than our budget .[But am sure would be an excellent day]. We are happy to join a small group, any ideas please ? Saw a 2011 post re. Tony Farrugia but only a tel. number ?

Thanks DG.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

There are several small tour companies which do trips around Gozo.

The cost is quite low but you have to pay your own ferry fare ---- 4.65 euros.

You travel in a mini bus from your hotel to the ferry and are picked up by another mini bus the other side. After a tour of the island you are returned to your accomodation.

Not certain of the price but they are very inexpensive.

Well worth the trip.

Graham

Newton Abbot
Level Contributor
179 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

Thanks Graham, this is exactly what we would like, but am struggling to find any, all tours advertised are coach[ loads of hotel pick-ups] or private car with guide [ pricey]. We are visiting 10-16 Feb .

Help please TA guys [ and gals ]. DG

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

You will find lots of little tour shops aqlong the front that do these tours.

As I said , most use mini buses ( Ford Transit size ) .

These can be booked when you get there after walking about and get several quotes. They are very cheap.

Graham

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

are you interested in hiring a car for the day? Gozo is easy to get around in, you will see a lot more than a tour will do, all you need is a book like Lonely Planet etc or do a bit of google search beforehand. The last tour I did in Gozo was from Bugibba..we were picked up by a van which was very nice then taken to the ferry & met by another van in Gozo..this van was old & not so nice. There are lots of places in Sliema esp along the ferries area where you can book tours. I did a jeep safari once which was great but expensive, then last year we hired a car & had a great time cos we were able to spend as much or as little time we wanted at various places.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

Devongirlie

I suspect that a lot of the so called coaches are in fact minibuses as they are better suited to the roads of Gozo. I can understand that you want to plan and book before you go as you are only there for a week in February. May I suggest that you phone a few of them to find out if they use coaches or minibuses? A tour by jeep may well suit your needs; I have found the following on the internet

www.maltatravelnet.com/gozo-jeep-tours.htm

http://www.gozojeeptours.com/

www.malta-tours.com/html/gozo-tours.html

http://www.mariblugozo.com/excursions.php#4

www.gozoprideholidays.com/excursion_1.php

www.gozopridetours.com/page.asp?l=e&id=7069

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

Hi Devongirle

As Stelloa 099 suggests why not hire a car? In both Malta and Gozo you drive on the left - as in Devon - so no problem. Gozo is very easy to drive round and you'd see loads more than you would on a coach tour and be able to stop and start as you wish. You'd also be able to use the car in Malta. Why not look into picking up the the car at Luqa airport on your arrival and drop it off at Luqa on your departure.

Enjoy your holiday in Malta/Gozo.

7. Re: Gozo tour [not coach or HOHO] ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:19