We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer 2012!!

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
summer 2012!!

hi everyone, can anyone reccommend and ideas of where to spend this summer? i am 22years old and am travelling with 2/3 other girls. we want summer hot and lively enough but not too crazy! would love to move around a bit instead of being stuck in one place. travelling from dublin.....any help would be great :)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer 2012!!

St Julians in Malta would be ideal.

Lots of hotel choices . A huge number of restaurants and bars.

The nightlife area in Malta called paceville is in St Julians but you don`t have to go there if you don`t want to.

Sure you would enjoy it.

Graham

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: summer 2012!!

i stayed in silema last year and loved it but didnt experience the night life of st julians, do you think you would get bored after a few weeks??

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: summer 2012!!

There is plenty to see and do in Malta so you shouldn`t get bored.

Graham

Rabat, Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: summer 2012!!

Difficult for things to get boring in Malta in Summer. Besides the earlier mentioned St Julians, summer in Malta is also host to many beach parties and other events, and at times many foreign dj's are present for these parties, if this is what you are after.

Something a little milder maybe can be Bugibba whihc also has a good nightlife, hope this helps.

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: summer 2012!!

Really sounds interesting, but is there beaches in Malta?

Rabat, Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: summer 2012!!

Seriously? :) Take a look guidetomalta.net/holidays-in-malta/…

I am a local so i can be a little biased but I simply cannot get enough of our sea and beaches in summer, its heaven - you may read about Ghadira Bay - this is nice but can get crowded - but you are 3 girls right? If so this will still be good for you as a good place to meet and have fun - and same applies to Golden Bay.

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: summer 2012!!

That sounds great i just expected because i seen none last yr. Is it best to base in Julians and do day trips to them? Thanks so much.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: summer 2012!!

The largest beach in Malta is Mellieha Bay.

It is very popular and is used for various watersports.

Graham

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: summer 2012!!

Is it very quiet there? Any shops? Suppose you could Stay down there for few days too!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: summer 2012!!

There are a few bars and cafes but the shops are in the village of Mellieha which is up a steep hill from the beach and would require a short bus ride.

Graham