We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi firm / transfer service for a transfer from the Airport to the Hotel in San Lawrenz, Gozo?

Many thanks,

Simon

NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

I guess it depends on what level of service you're looking for. If economy, I've been informed that the public bus system X1 bus from the airport to the ferry for Gozo is the best bet--2.30 euros for a 2 hour ticket, and will be about a 55 minute trip with 2-3 stops. I plan to do just that. Be careful. You can be charged WAY more than necessary. For instance, I found that MaltaTransfer.com will transport a single individual for just 10 Euro to the ferry terminal, but charge a whopping 69 Euro from airport to my Gozo hotel, which is barely a half mile from the ferry terminal on Gozo!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

If you arrive in the morning , you may go for the bus and ferry and bus again and only spend about 11 Euro .

If not , you may opt for the available taxis at the airport stand outside the arrivals hall , ferry across and take a taxi from the stand again outside the ferry port building.

I have never heard of taxis being unreliable , even if they may attempt to overcharge .

The taxis at the airport are regulated and you do not pay the driver , but you buy a ticket from a desk before you board the taxi at a fixed price. Not sure if the same at Gozo .

Price of airport to the ferry should be about 25 euro and ferry to hotel less , 15 ?

Welcome to Malta

Edited: 09 March 2012, 05:52
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

If you are staying at the Kempinski they will arrange door to door transfer and their rates used to be reasonable (for a 5 star hotel)

NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

643--Why do you qualify your suggestion for the bus with "if you arrive in the morning"?

5. Re: Require a transfer from airport to hotel on Gozo.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:15