We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A sad day for St Andrew's.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A sad day for St Andrew's.

As another small fragment of old Malta disapears for ever

timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120409/loca…

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A sad day for St Andrew's.

This is a shame Siggiewi.

It is a bar that I have passed many times and always said I must call in ---- but never got round to it ----- left it too late.

Shows you shouldn`t put things off.

Are you thinking of taking it over Siggiewi and keeping it open ??

I will give you some custom !!

Graham

London
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A sad day for St Andrew's.

Spent an afternoon in Jessie's a couple of years ago with my brother, it was pouring with rain, if I remember. I liked the way it was still a corner shop too. Locals would come in, pass thru to the kitchen make something to eat then have a chat & pay on the way out, so civilised.

A bit rough 'n' ready, but I liked it & very cheap scotch. Both the sisters walked with the same limp, quite strange.

Ntd

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A sad day for St Andrew's.

Like so many small family businesses the younger generation, for various reasons , don't manage to keep them running.

It's a pity that the new owners will be changing the ethos of the bar.

Luckily, The City of London Bar in St Julians hasn't met with the same fate.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A sad day for St Andrew's.

Hi Graham, no thanks mate got enough on my plate business wise without getting involved in the boozing business although I am pretty confident that enthusiastic beer drinkers such as your good self and NTD would be a fabulous asset to any bar keeper in fact I think S.F.C should give you both an award of merit to be presented at S.F.C - H/Q in Mriehel, nope my favourite place in a bar is facing the optics not the other way round, it is very sad though when these old established business decide to call it a day but even sadder when they are forced to do so by the economy, however as hat quite rightly indicated there are still old bars plying there trade thank god, if you like the old style Maltese bars Graham maybe you would be interested to here about my reccomendations some time ?, thank the lord harry that there are still a lot plying there trade in the villages and also fantastic band clubs where tradition carries on unabated by the hands of time, Sahha Kulhadd.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 09:19
5. Re: A sad day for St Andrew's.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:42