We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Malta destinations

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Malta destinations

Hi guys, I'm planning to go away around the last week of September.

It's currently a choice betweeen Corralejo (Fuerteventura) or Malta - I've been to Corra before, so would prefer somewhere new/different, but I know nothing about Malta!

Things I'd be looking for mostly are where to go for the best beaches, lagoons and "romantic" walks (Maybe along a canal, or river etc).

Nightclubs and bars aren't essential, although a nice pub with the option to go out for some live music, or night-time entertainment would be ideal and finally, a few good places to eat.

A place with a combination of the above with be perfect!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Malta destinations

You won't be disappointed with Malta.

It has all what you are asking for. It is also a small island and with a 7 day bus pass at 12 euros, you sure be able to visit some amazing places.

For a lagoon, cruise trips to the Bule Lagoon are from 11:00 returning at 17:00. You will definitly be in awe how beautiful this lagoon is. Trust me.

Mellieha bay and Golden bay are just a couple of the best sandy beaches Malta has to offer.

Romantic cruies, boat trip are a plenty. Malta waters are always busy. You can sail from the busling and the beatiful Sliema to that equally fascinating capital Valletta.

Away from the water you can go In land and explore other towns and villages of great interest.

Bugibba and Qawra town are full with some nice pubs some of which always have some sort of entertainment be it live music or Karokee, There is an even an Elvis Priestly tributes pub.

For the nightclubers, there is Paceville, The nightclub capital of Malta.

The weather end September would be still warm.

Good lick with your decision, and if you opt for Malta, then I am sure you would't be disappointed.

Cheers

Cas

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Malta destinations

Thanks for the info, very informative!

All of the pictures and information I've seen so far have been good. I think Malta is definitely on the cards, the decision is between Malta or Corralejo in Fuerte, although I'm swaying more towards Malta, simply because I've never been before, and I'd prefer to try somewhere new, than return to a place I've been before.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Malta destinations

Try this for taste

www.visitmalta.com

and not sure about this , from memory

www.malta360.com

will find it and come back if not correct!

Sorry no canals or rivers in Malta but the sea is nowhere more than 10 miles away !

Welcome to Malta

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Malta destinations

Do read the Top Questions on the right.

One of the differences in Malta is that wherever you go , you'll be mingling not only with other tourists but also with locals.

5. Re: Best Malta destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:16