We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit cant wait to return

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
1st visit cant wait to return

People said you will love it or hate it well when we arrived in Qawra on 13th may I was not sure it was mothers day and the place was so busy not what we were looking for however after a good nights sleep and a good walk round things looked a lot better we hired a car and set off round the island. First place to visit was Rabat what a place full of history great places to eat we were to spend the first part of the day then go to the Madina but the day went past so the Madina was left to another day. Next was Marasaxlokk loved it so relaxed and again good food and such nice people so dont want to go on and on but what can I say about Valletta we went to Sliema and got the water taxi over the most fab day never wanted it to end something to see everywhere you looked. We returned to Madina again what a good day. We never made it to Gozo just ran out of time but we can do that next time as we will return again and again

Think I am In love x

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

Thank you for reporting back on your stay in Malta.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and fell in love with Malta.

Hope you soon return .

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

@St Helens

Glad you enjoyed your short stay . We will be glad to answer any of your questions for planning your return trip .

Graham is an expert for return trips , as he has done many to Malta :-)

Next time ...Gozo , dingli cliffs , Mosta Dome , Golden Sands Bay and Popeye village and Hypo and Hagar Qim .

Welcome to Malta

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

I think few places the size of Malta have so much to offer the visitor. And as the island is smal, everywhere is in easy reach.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
598 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

We too loved Malta - there for 10 days and stayed in Floriana, took ferry to Sliema and that was easy - you are right people lovely and they speak english, also hired a car for 4 days and drove around the island as well as going on ferry to Gozo - I could have stayed and would not have cared if the planes never flew out of Malta - a wonderful destination, so much history , so much to see and just loved it. It is a long way from Australia but we broke up 2 others trips with relaxation in Malta and it was much more than expected and weather was perfect at 24 degrees. We were there from 6 to 16th May. Vicki

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

Hurray! More converts!

6. Re: 1st visit cant wait to return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:17