We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Got a 7 day holiday staying in St Julians coming up at the start of July. In no particular order, below is what I was thinking of doing. Is there anything that would be worth adding / removing? These are in no particular order.

Day 1 – Walk to / around Silema then ferry over to Valletta (walk around City, Barrakka Gardens)

Day 2 – Portomaso Marina (for breakfast) and then St Georges Bay (Beach)

Day 3 – Gozo & Comino & Blue Lagoon Boat Trip from Silema

Day 4 – Marsaxlokk Fishing Village then chill by the pool

Day 5 – Mellieha Beach and then afternoon in Valletta

Day 6 – Boat trip around the Island (Popeye village etc)

Day 7 – Relaxing day around St Julians / Silema

I am 29 and will be going with my girlfriend, we are not really into lazing by the pool all day but prefer to get out and explore a bit. We will be travelling about by bus (last thing I want to do is drive on holiday!)

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Portomaso Marina
Portomaso Marina
700 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
St. George's Bay
St. George's Bay
1,159 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Comino
Comino
Malta
Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon
3,280 Reviews
Comino, Malta
Marsaxlokk
Marsaxlokk
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha Beach
Mellieha Beach
2,952 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,765 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Quite a good itinerary and is do-able.

You have of course missed out one of the jewels of the country.

You really must fit in a trip to Mdina , the old capital .

If it were me I would swop it wiith Day 6 . More interesting than a boat trip and as I have often said , Popeye village is hardly worth the trouble.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Malta.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Mdina
Mdina
Island of Malta, Malta
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,765 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Very similar itinerary to what myself and my parter had in May. We stayed in St Pauls Bay and did not book any trips with the travel reps as we used the local bus service which was excellant and never once let us down. The only mistake we made was to visit the town of Marsaxlokk on a Sunday and that is when they have the very busy market and i would rather have visited on a quiet day.

We got the bus and ferry to Gozo for a day which was an interesting trip and well worth visiting. The local bus service was really good and we travelled all over the island and im sure you will enjoy malta very much.

Mentioned in this post
St. Paul's Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Island of Malta, Malta
Marsaxlokk
Marsaxlokk
Island of Malta, Malta
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Agre with graham - you cannot miss Mdina - why not use a bus pass and spend a day going there, to Mosta (a tourist must see) and perhaps the glass blowers (Mdina Glass) at Ta Qali, all on the same route. I would also include Vittoriosa, which is so calm in the mornings (summer afternoons it shuts down!), and not visited a lot.

There is still time in July for a couple of hours by the pool in the early evening.

Tip for you, go to Valletta by bus and come back on the ferry to Sliema. There is a large hill to climb if you GO that way, and even for the fit, in the heat I would rather not!

Mentioned in this post
Mdina
Mdina
Island of Malta, Malta
Mosta
Mosta
Island of Malta, Malta
Mdina Glass
Mdina Glass
407 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Birgu (Vittoriosa)
Birgu (Vittoriosa)
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Sliema
Sliema
Island of Malta, Malta
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sufficient plans for 7 days?

Mdina now added into the itinery, thanks for the advice. Also, thanks for the tip regarding travel to / from Valletta.

Cannot wait now, I have been before but only for a long weekend and staying at a friends apartment in Marsascala.

Mentioned in this post
Mdina
Mdina
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Marsascala
Marsascala
Island of Malta, Malta
5. Re: Sufficient plans for 7 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:41