We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back again.....another question

Glasgow, Scotland UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Back again.....another question

Sorry to be a pest first time mum I worry about everything!

can anyone give me a quick rundown of each of the resorts please , buggiba, qawra, st Julian's, st Paul's bay

I have found hotels in each of these areas that seem reasonable and close enough to restaurants etc to walk to with baby in buggy but before I book I thought I'd just ask one more time, first family holiday want a 4* hotel minimum walking distance to eat out at night, not bothered about beach , like the idea of a promenade for a stroll and hotel not near a busy street

I don't want much eh, lol

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,558 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back again.....another question

No need to appologise.

Ask as many questions as you need to ensure a good holiday and an enjoyable stay in friendly Malta. You will find every one on this forum is more than happy to help you .

Bugibba , Qawra and St Pauls Bay although being seperate villages they have all merged into each other and have become like one big place.

There is a nice flat promenade that goes from St Pauls Bay through Bugibba and round to Qawra.

Walking all the way round will take about 45 minutes , at a stroll.

There are seats facing the sea nearly all the way round.

Plenty of bars and cafes etc to stop for a cuppa ( or something stronger )

St Julians is very popular and is right next to Sliema. Again a wide promenade goes from St julians to beyond Sliema.

The front at Sliema is the place for boat trips.

There is also plenty of bars etc and lots of shops including M&S and BHS.

Enjoy !!!!!

Graham

Glasgow, Scotland UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back again.....another question

Thanks Graham! Sounds good and makes sense the way the 3 resorts kind of are one!

There is the dolmen resort bugibba, maritim antonio hotel and spa in melieha, St Juliana bay was cavalieri hotel and the San Antonio hotel and spa in bugibba these were just options I found again through my royalties travel service with my bank get a good deal usually with them! There was also intercontinental and the raddison both St juliana but remember a helpful soul on here saying the radisson being a bit tired and old!

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back again.....another question

Loo-eeze

In you case i would recommend San Antonio in Buggiba. Reasons?

1. Great 5* quality hotel

2. Location is ideal for bars & restaurants. Lettirally every yard along the main Tourist Street there is a pub or restaurant.

3. Next to a main bus station

4. Walking with a pram is much easy along the beautiful long flat promenade

and the sea frontwhich is 2 minutes walk away.

6. 5 minutes walk there is the Bugibba Square where the tourists and locals hang around. Many more restaurants to be found there.

The one draw back, is that some pubs along the Tourist street tend to have night time entertainment which can be noisy. But I am sure the rooms in San Antonio are well equipped to take care of the noise from outside.

Mellieha is another resort to consider, however the streets and pavements are not flat making pushing a pram a bit more difficult

Have a great time wherever you chose

Cas

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back again.....another question

Loo-eeze

I agree with Cas that the San Antonio is ideally located for bars, the long block paved prom, bus station, etc but, having once stayed there, ensure you have a sea view/pool side room which is above ground level as the rooms on the road side are extremely noisy and the road is not very wide so you are looking across at other apartments. Enjoy Malta and your holiday.

Glasgow, Scotland UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back again.....another question

Thanks again all x

6. Re: Back again.....another question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 05:46