We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute holiday

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute holiday

I have never been to Malta but it is the only place i can book a holiday as this is our holiday fortnight and everything is booked up.

I have look ed at various hotels across the island but a lot get bad reviews and as it is going to cost me anything up to £700 for a week bed and breakfast has any one any tips on a good hotel. Also is AI worth it or is it cheap enough to drink and eat out.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute holiday

Which hotels have you looked at that have bad reviews, you might be able to get honest feedback on this thread.

All Inclusive is new to Malta and they are still trying to get their head around it. Personally I would not recommend it as there are plenty of good restaurants to try and eating out is fairly cheap.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute holiday

HOTELS:

Wherever you go there will be bad hotel BUT also good hotel. But for £700 a week B&B you would get a top quality. And in Malta there several resorts and cities with some top quality hotels: Here are few - Check them out and decide for yourself.

Mellieha region:

Solana – Seabank – Riviera

Bugibba/Qawra region:

San Antonio – Dolmen

Valetta/Sliema/St Julian region:

Phoenicia – Hilton – Intercontinental . The Palace

ALL INCLUSIVE OR B&B

Settle for Bed&Beakfast and explore the resort for eating out. You will be amazed on how cheap some places are, and you would also have the freedom to choose from various menus from different cuisines rather than eat that repetitive, bland and restrictive buffet style food dictated on you by the hotel as part of your All Inclusive package.

Eating out is also a learning experience as you get to experiment with the diverse tastes and flavours the Maltese and other international restaurants dish out.

Good luck

Cas

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute holiday

Have looked at all the Hotels, all with great reviews are booked out, i was looking at the Santana, Sunflower, Qawra palace. Need to make my mind up soon as the flight is on Saturday. Is the weather dependable no sign off rain.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute holiday

Quote today from David who lives in Mellieha "at the moment we are experiencing a heat wave - not seen since 1938.......its mega hot 33-38 degrees toaday but real feel about 42."

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute holiday

Hottest June since 1935. Hottest first week in July also. No rain whatsoever since mid April (at least not in Vittoriosa). Forcast for the same, ie 35C+ and sun.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute holiday

The weather right now is a serious worry!!! But only for those who cannot handle the dry humid heat.

Go with plenty of sun cream, head cover and always carry water.

Cheers

Cas

Malta
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute holiday

you can visit http://maltahotel.net to view hotels by regions on the Island of Malta.

The weather right now is getting hotter. Although Malta is still enjoyable and establishments normally have a/c. Important though, stay out of the direct sun during the hottest hours especially 11-4.00pm. Also apply sun cream and re-apply after a couple of hours especially if you swim or wipe with a towel.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute holiday

See -- Booking.com Qawra Malta. Santana / or Euroclub good locations, bus station, best Supermarket, bars and restaurants all this 5 minutes walk. Serious heat here at the moment, so don't bring any woolies lol, hope this helps, have a nice flight, enjoy your stay in Malta. KNOWKATS.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute holiday

Hi royrerg,

Booking a hotel so late could cause a problem as most of them are full. Try the Sunseeker Holiday Complex in Bugibba. Their rooms start at €280 (£222) for a two person studio apartment per week. A one bedroom apartment for two people is €320 (£253).

They have rooms for up to seven people. Check their website at:

www.sunseekerholidaycomplex.com

You can have bed and breakfast for an extra €5 per person per day, but you can get a good full English breakfast in many restaurants near by for €3 - €3.50.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 18:26
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute holiday

I booked the Seashells Hotel, for 10 nights arrive saturday night.