We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pawl hotel st Paul's Bay

u.k
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
San Pawl hotel st Paul's Bay

I am thinking of booking a week at this hotel,the reviews are not great but as long as it is clean I will be happy, My question is this, I have restricted mobility what is the area around this hotel like? Will it be easy to use the local transport, how far away are the sandy beaches and what are the " must do " in this area.?We love cathedrals etc. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.By the way a week in this hotel half board is £510 for two people do you think thats a good deal and how much spending money would you take for a week? We like to have a few cocktails in the evening.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,844 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pawl hotel st Paul's Bay

The San Pawl hotel is a basic hotel but is popular and I know lots of people who have stayed there.

The whole area is flat and there are lots of bars , cafes and mini markets very close . In fact one popular bar , Jesters , is right across the road.

As for price £510 for two would depend upon when you are thinking of going

May I suggest , from my experience of staying every year for three months , that you consider the Topaz hotel which is close to the San Pawl.

Try phoning Malta Choice holidays on Freephone 08000917792 ( won`t cost you anything ) and speak to Vicky . She can usually come up with a good deal.

The St Pauls Bay area is quite easy to get about from.

A regular bus goes to Valletta and the best beach on Malta , Mellieha Bay , is half an hour away by a bus every 20 minutes.

Hope you have a nice stay.

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pawl hotel st Paul's Bay

Hi eternaltourists,

The San Pawl Hotel is a basic but clean hotel and is very popular with British tourists. The only down point is it is a fairly long walk to Bugibba town centre where you will find most of the bars and restaurants. The Topaz Hotel is also popular with the Brits, but is situated on a hill. If you decide on the Topaz, please make sure you ask if there will be any foreign students staying there as they have ruined the holidays of so many people with their noiseiness, bad behaviour, bad manners and complete disrespect for older people. A couple of weeks ago, a student was arrested for punching a hotel guest. Having restricted mobility, you may be better advised to look at hotels in Bugibba or it's close neighbour Qawra where the pavements are much flater. But always ask if the hotel has students staying before booking.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 10:57
3. Re: San Pawl hotel st Paul's Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:46