We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

azure window or blue groto

Kaunas, Lithuania
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
azure window or blue groto

I am not sure which one is better to visit: Blue groto or Azure window?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: azure window or blue groto

It will depend how long you have. The Azure Window has a great view whereas the approach to the Blue Grotto before going down for the boats.

Just don't forget they are on different islands so you ought to visit both

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: azure window or blue groto

Are you getting the Blue Grotto on Malta muddled up with the Blue Lagoon on Comino?

Blue Grotto,Zurrieq - boat ride http://www.bluegrottomalta.com.mt/#!

Blue Lagoon www.captainmorgan.com.mt/comino-blue-lagoon

Edited: 17 July 2012, 13:43
Kaunas, Lithuania
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: azure window or blue groto

I will be one week, so i think it is not enouh time to see both

Blue Grotto,Zurrieq and Azure window. I will live in Saint Julien.

Is it worth to go to Azure window or it is enough to see blue grotto?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: azure window or blue groto

The Azure Window has better sights, such as the 8.08 evening sunset and remarkable rock formations but the boat tour is more fun in Blue Grotto and there are more restaurants to choose from.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: azure window or blue groto

If you are planning to see the Azure window set a day aside and spend more time on Gozo. A lot depends also on how you are planning to get around. I would recommend hiring a car. Get there early and do some snorkelling in the blue hole (underneath the Azure Window - and not to be confused with either the Blue Grotto or the Blue Lagoon). If you dive then the Azure Window/Blue Hole provides some very nice diving and most schools combine a dive there with one in the inland sea which is very close. The inland sea is an excellent dive. So a morning at the Azure window/inland sea/blue hole then lunch in Victoria. Pootle about Victoria in the early afternoon. Ferry back to Malta. Good day out.

You can do the Blue Grotto either on public transport, sightseeing bus, excusrion or with a hire car. I would do both personally but it depends on how much time you have.

6. Re: azure window or blue groto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Malta
Recent Conversations