We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot or what

Nottingham
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
hot or what

Hi

Flying out a week on sunday, just thought I'd ask how hot it is over in Malta at minute as I know it's been in the 40's, is it still so hot or has it cooled down a little.

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,168 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot or what

It is still incredibly hot.

Lots of sun cream , wear a hat and vast quantities of water.

Graham

Nottingham
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hot or what

Hi Graham

Thanks for that think it will be all day in pool and all night in bar.

Can't wait 9 more sleeps to go

Donna

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,168 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot or what

Have an enjoyable stay .

Graham

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot or what

Donna

Graham is spot on. Just one more advice. Alcohol and hot tempearture is not a good combination even at evenings/night time. It will always be handy to have some water with you to quash any dehydriation.

have a great time

Cheers

Cas

Nottingham
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hot or what

Hi Cas

No worries don't think I will be drinking heavily, I am in my 50's, the days of getting drunk are long gone, takes too long to recover now days, think I will stick with coca-cola and the odd Tia Maria.

Just can't wait to get away from all this rain, but hey they have said we are due a summer here this next week, but I am not going to hold my breath lol

Donna

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hot or what

Hi Donna,

Just looked at the ten day weather forecast and the temperature is gradually dropping down to a more agreeable low 30'sC(low 90'sF). We are at present going through the hottest June and July since 1935. In fact we haven't seen a cloud since the end of May. It has been to hot to walk around much of the daytime, but an ice cold beer or two certainly helps. Being submerged in water is the best idea.

Have a good holiday

Edited: 20 July 2012, 09:37
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hot or what

Hi Donna

You have been told about the weather forecast and can look it up

www.maltairport.com/weather

A bit of basic advice

Plan your days around the Sun , wake up a bit early , depending on the previous night ??? , and try to do a bit of outside sightseeing before noon , then try to get indoors , a museum or a cathedral church would be ideal , a light meal around 2 will be nice , and then back to the hotel for some rest from the heat. Out around 5 to 8 for some shopping or site-seeing, later enjoying the evening .

As you have been told , a good hat , sunshades/glases, sun cream 60 protection and a bottle of water at hand all the time .

Buses are airconditioned but not always regular , and taxis are popular and always ask for the price up front .

Enjoy your holiday and Welcome to Malta

Forgot to mention this , temperatures on the weather forecast are IN THE SHADE ......so you can fry eggs on the roof of a black car in the sun , stay in the shade !!!!!

Edited: 20 July 2012, 10:53
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hot or what

Just for fun

www.youtube.com/watch…

the restaurants do it better and quicker :-)

London
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hot or what

Hi Donna

Little tip - take a small container (about 100ml) and fill with rock salt crystals. Every few hours just tip a few crystals into the mouth which can be swallowed without any real salty taste. This should stave off any symptoms of heat exhaustion from excess sweating. It worked for me in 44C temps in Spain recently. Salted nuts also work well (protein boost too). Plenty of fluids, orange juice is great as your sugar balance may get upset. Don't worry about drinking alcohol though.....you're on holiday & it's never done the sun & heat loving Australians any harm.

Ntd

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hot or what

Thanks for the tips guys..but then hopefully by mid august it should be better than now...do you think?