We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro

Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
euro

Hi, could you tell me if i should change my money to euro's here or wait till i get there.

pete

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,159 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euro

Change some before you go , perhaps enough to last a couple of days then change more as required.

Graham

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: euro

Some outlets give better rates for purchases in sterling. Plenty of ATMs around , and also bureau in Arrivals Hall. I usually change most of mine when I am there.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euro

Also, there are some shops that will change sterling - I came across one in Sliema recently that gave a much better rate than they were giving in the U.K.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: euro

Hi Pete,

This morning our local shop in St Paul's Bay is giving €1.25 point five for £1, which is pretty much normal for local shops in Malta with the rate so high. So as Graham wrote, just bring whet you need and change the bulk when you arrive.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 11:46
Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euro

thank you all very much.

have a great summer.

pete

6. Re: euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:16