We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a car and driver

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a car and driver

I know that there is a lot of information about who to rent a car from. Can anyone recommend which company or individual to call to book a car/driver. Being from Canada, I don't want to driv e while in Malta but on some of our touring days, we might want to have a driver. I would appreciate recommendations - AC, safe driver and affordable.

Thank you

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
241 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a car and driver

I will send you a pm later with the info of a friend of mine...who has a taxi..& does this personal tours around malta & gozo..Max people 4 Adults & 1 Child.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a car and driver

I would recommend Constantine, Freeways car hire of Horatio Nelson Street Qawra Malta, this lovely gentleman is a careful driver and has a great knowledge of Malta, you will love him. Freeways is a well established and trusted family concern, being used by the British residents association BRA SPB the Royal British Legion, and other important organisations in the area, car or mini bus fully insured, and most importantly honest prices, so affordable yes. have a safe and carefree holiday in Malta. KNOWKATS.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a car and driver

You could also try Marshall's in Fgura 00356 21691007. I've rented from them in the past and believe they offer a chauffer drive service. They've always been good to deal with.

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Thank you everyone. I have emailed Freeway's and I am waiting to hear back. Marshall's seems pricey, but I did send them an email also. I am keen to hear back from Mario A. It will really suit what I am after 1) someone to stay with us for a whole day while we go "all over the place" in the south 2) and someone to call when we need a drive here or there.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your contacts. Any others gladly appreciated!

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the referral. I found an email address and sent a message. I hope to hear back from him soon. I am leaving soon but if I hear back in time, I will let you know what I line up.

Thanks again!

Palma de Mallorca...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a car and driver

We hired a taxi driver recommended by an American couple on the Internet. He was most pleasant and an excellent driver who knows all there is to know about Malta. We have no hesitation in recommending him to you.

dandsautodealer@hotmail.com He charged us 25 euros per hour.

Jill and Mateo

chicago
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a car and driver

sorry if this is a duplicate. Did you ever get a driver for Malta that you would recommend? We're there only for a brief day on a cruise. Thanks, Nancy

Palma de Mallorca...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hi Nancy,

We were in Malta for the day on our cruise ten days ago. I hired Joseph before we left home (Mallorca Spain) and he met us from the ship. We went to the main places in Valletta and on to Mdina. He dropped us off and waited when we went into the Cathedral etc. and finally returned us back to the ship. It is certainly worth a visit.

Jill

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hello all,

Just to follow up now that I am back from Malta. I went with Freeways and was VERY pleased with the company and our driver. They had the best pricing of the many referrals and my own contacts; our driver was very knowledgable and shared that with us; and he spent even more than the booked time with us to ensure we completed our experience. I would recommend them highly.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Thanks for posting that SueBlue. It' s good to know that the forum works and people get results from using it.