We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

How much to hire these items at Golden Bay or any of the other sandy beaches? Is there a cheaper alternative? Should I purchase my own from local shops and leave them behind when we go home?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

I think it would be cheaper to buy from the $2 shops. Back in 2007 I think one place we went to wanted about 10 Euros..maybe okay if you plan to stay the whole day but when it was just for an hour..pricey. Last year a young English couple asked us if we would like their chair (fold up green canvass type) as they were flying out that night, we offered them money, they said no ..bought it cheaply..we used it for the next week then passed it onto a young family who were delighted with it.. I would like to think its still doing the rounds. Huggy Bears Lido in Bugibba were charging 10 Euros for the day but I think that included a light lunch, a lounge & umbrella.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

The going rate in most resorts, for a (small) sunshade is 3 euros 50 cents, and loungers are 4 euros, per day. I have seen none for sale in the 2 euro shops here, I see that Argos are selling fold up beach shelters, for £8--99 half price Ideal!! hope this helps, KNOWKATS.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

Last month on Mellieha Bay it was 10 euros 60 for an umbrella and two sun loungers. No deck chairs available. We did see canvas folding chairs for sale somewhere in the St Paul's Bay area but cannot remember where or how much they were - sorry. Just a thought - with your mobility problems would you be able to carry your own chairs, etc on the buses and down to the beaches? Enjoy your holiday.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

I was thinking that myself.Poor hubby would be loaded down,lol! The price you quoted isn't to bad I suppose if you intend spending the day on the beach.We will probably spend a couple of days on the beach the rest of the time we will be sightseeing. Thanks to all who replied.

Berlin, Berlin...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

Do you guys know if there's a chance (space) to put up a family size tent on the beach, as sun protection for our little one?

6. Re: How much for umbrella/deck chair hire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:18