We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

Hello

We will be visiting malta for the first time ever next week. My partner is a Padi Advanced qualified diver and would like to go out for a diving trip one day. We will be staying at the Intercontinental. Would welcome any recommendations of dive operators, safety rather than cost is the primary consideration, along with good quality/well maintained equipment (he will need to hire all his gear). Any recommendations apprecaited

Thanks

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

Try Maltaqua. I go diving with Aquatica but I use my own gear and they've attracted some criticism from people who've used their gear. Maltaqua, on the other hand have had excellent reviews and I'm pretty sure some diving friends of mine from Durham City Scuba get their airfills from Maltagua and have dived with them in the past. Those guys are uber safety conscious tech divers so on safety grounds their recommendation would be pretty reliable. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you contacting them to check it out. They go to Malta a couple of times a year

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g608946-…

If that link doesn't work just search trip advisor for reviews of diving schools.

Durham City Scuba have a facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/durhamscuba

Best of luck - it's a great place to dive especially wrecks. Try to do Gozo - inland sea/Blue Hole - but be prepared for a bad shore entry - nasty long walk across rock - the dive's well worth it though.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

Thanks Vince, will certainly check them out, appreciate your reply.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

I notice Aquatica have a lot of new equipment this year.

I think both Aquatica & Maltaqua are too far from the Intercontinental. Try Dive Systems, Divewise or Corsair which are far more local to your hotel.

Most operators will pick you up but these are nearer.

4. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 September 2012, 12:36
St. Paul's Bay...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

We will gladly collect from the Intercontinental. Malta is a small island, so no where is too far :) It will take max 15 minutes to drive from St.Paul's to your hotel and we do not charge for hotel pick ups.

The actual diving takes place in locations spread all over Malta, so in most cases it really does not matter where the dive centre premises is located. The dive Instructor who will be looking after you, will be able to recommend a suitable dive site on the day based on your diving experience, as well as the sea/ wind conditions at the time, so you may end up diving at the north or the south of the island, irrelevant to where you are actually staying, or where the dive premises is located.

Hope this is of some help :)

6. Re: Dive operators in Malta - any recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:17