We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Grotto for walking disabled

Menai Bridge...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Grotto for walking disabled

How accessible is the walk down to the boats for this trip. My Father is 80's but not too good walking up hill. Any advice or pictures please?

Adrian

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Grotto for walking disabled

If he could manage the ramp/steps downhill, I'm sure he would have trouble getting back up. This would appear to me to be a no no.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Grotto for walking disabled

Photo 28 gives you the idea of the boat ramp down the hill

http://mariomizzi.smugmug.com/keyword/malta/371397317_W2q7t#!i=371397317&k=W2q7t

I second the opinion that it is a difficult ramp to walk down if you are not surefooted , and getting onto the boat needs a good sense of balance .

With some strong help , older folk do manage to go to the Blue Grotto .

Edited: 16 September 2012, 21:45
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Grotto for walking disabled

Here is a pic of the slipway

maltapanorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09…

It does have steps

4. Re: Blue Grotto for walking disabled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:17