We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Malta

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Air Malta

Random question, I've booked my holiday through Thomas Cook and the flights are with Air Malta. Will I have an inflight meal as when I was booking it said meal included, but my tickets say in flight meal not available?

It's not an issue, was just wondering :)

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Malta

Meals with Air Malta are normally included, so I would guess that if you have paid for a seat for the infant rather than having the infant on your lap, then you will get a child's meal.

In my humble opinion Air Malta is the best airline flying to Malta from the UK.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Malta

Thank you.

I've paid for two adult seats

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Malta

Have I misread something as not sure where Mac got the infant bit from!! and you're usually spot on Mac.

I always fly Air Malta to Malta and inflight meals have always been included in the flight cost. I flew with them in July and the tickets said flight meals not available so think it is purely because there is no difference between passengers. We did have inflight meals unfortunately outbound was the worst I've ever experienced on any flight and could not eat but inbound was okay.

With other airlines flying to different destinations I've found that those who have paid for inflight meals sit at the front of the plane and those who have not have seats at the rear of the plane. Presumably to make things easier for cabin crew.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Malta

Thanks lovewarn.

I usually don't mind in flight meals to be honest. Breaks up the journey a little. Flew with Thomson to Cyprus this year. They do not offer meals any more and their inflight snack menu was diabolical.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Malta

Always check the “important information” link on the Thomas Cook website on the final payment page. When I was looking at booking a holiday it initially said in flight meals are included but the “important information” link said the opposite. Good luck!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Malta

It does say that in flight meals are included on my booking confirmation email too, just not on the tickets.

Ill eat before I go to be safe, if I get food on the plane it's a bonus! I'm on holiday, all food has nil calories or fat :)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Malta

Have a great time, please write a trip report when you return. Enjoy!!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Malta

Thanks Welsh, will do!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Malta

For all those that may be interested in this topic...

I have spoken to Air Malta today and booked my exit row seats for September woo hoo. £44 each return to be in row 1 :)

I also asked about the inflight meals and they are at present serving in flight meals on charter flights but this is likely to stop in June :(

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Malta

Heading down the Ryanair route me thinks.