We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Bay, Malta

England
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Bay, Malta

Hi,

We are staying at the Radisson in Golden Bay in a few weeks and have been recomended a place called Munchies and another place called Apples Eye for an alternative to dining in the Radisson.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how far these places are from the Radisson hotel or any other places to eat or spend the evening having a few drinks and in particular how far away from the hotel are they as neither me or my girlfriend are drivers!!

Anything else would be so appreciated as well such as daytrips recomended etc.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

Andy

Both are about 500 yards from the hotel, Apple’s Eye just outside the Radisson has a fantastically wide menu from pastas, fish such as swordfish, burgers, pizzas, lamb shank, rabbit, rib eye steak and ribs; the only drawback is that you cannot book a table. Very reasonably priced, swordfish for example was €12. Apple’s Eye seemed very popular with the locals and was packed on the night we had a meal there

Munchies the further of the two beach bars have an a la carte menu in the evenings from Monday to Saturday evenings, whereas Sunday evenings the menu is very basic. A la carte main course ranges about €15

Besides the above the only other restaurants are part of the Radisson, as you are on a promotional week you will receive a discount card which entitles you to 20% off most of the restaurants. Agliolio an Italian restaurant at beach level is most reasonably priced.

Both of these are in my notes that I emailed you.

Have a great time.

Kind regards

Chris

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

As said above, both are within the immediate vicinity of the Radisson. However beyond that there is nothing else around,. Golden bay is rather remote.

Nearby Mellieha and Bugibba towns have more option for drinking and dining. There is a bus stop in Golden Bay from where you can take a bus to either town, But be wary of the frequency of this bus service.

Cheers

Cas

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

I would be having my coffee etc in the Apple never mind the differance in Bud and make sure you have a weekly bus ticket.

4. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 11:34
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

Hi great replys and information I am also going in may and I will not have a car either so any added advice would be great.Thanks

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

This TA article may assist you get around: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190311-c109681/Malta… .

Note that the buses are currently running to their winter timetables which means that they only serve Golden Bay once per hour on each route. However these may have increased in frequency by the time you go.

Phil-the-Bus

7. Re: Golden Bay, Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:17