We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach etc for disabled visitor

Stockport, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
best beach etc for disabled visitor

Hi, contemplating holiday in Malta in September for myself and carer (55 and 28) and would like somewhere a little lively so all suggestions for destinatons and suitable accomodation is requested. I've very poor mobility (only few feet on sticks and not stairs :O( ) and would use manual large wheelchair or possibly hire scooter as well but as I know nothing about the island which resorts are more 'disabled' friendly and have good flat paths etc. Would like to do either self catering or budget all inclusive and a walk in pool would be great so if anyone has any helpful advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Near to beach with good access into sea a definate advantage as long as I can get my wheelchair close enough :O)

Info for mobility hire would be appreciated too! Many thanks :O)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach etc for disabled visitor

Sliema Town and Buggiba town sping into mind. They both have nice flat long promenade by the sea front. Buggiba has the advantage of being a good popular place from sunbathing and swimming.

Sliema is more about walking, seeing abd be seen.

Qawra Palace hotel in Buggiba is acroos the road from the sea front and is ideal situted to access the promenade. Its main swimming people is also on the sea front and have wheelchair / prams ramps for access.

Don't know about mobility hire, but they certainly are places for all sort of transports requirement. Your best would be to ask at your hotel reception.

Cheers

Cas

2. Re: best beach etc for disabled visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:16