We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New experience,the sequel,again!

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
New experience,the sequel,again!

OK sorry to bore everyone with another issue but I am being quoted £60 return for taxi transfer to the Intercontinental at St Julians booked in advance by the airline but other sources on the 'net indicate that it is somewhat cheaper,grateful of any advice of the 'real' cost please

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Taxi booking should be €20.00 each way Maltatransfer.com will charge you €7.00 each way per passenger the bus from the airport will cost you €12.00 for a weekly ticket take the bus.Taxis in Malta are expensive but if you want to take one no need to book the taxi operators have a desk at the airport just go up to it tell them where you are going they will give you a ticket with the price on it.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Take wrappido's advice. 20 euros is the normal price for that run.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Thanks(again!) for that guys,yes it seemed expensive,just shows how these people fleece their customers if they are not careful

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Taxis are expensive small island buses are very cheap it cost me €15 a day to travel by bus and train the same distance in Dublin in Malta €12 for the week you woudent get Londan bus pass for that.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Though taxis in Malta are expensive, that charge you quoted is extortionate!

If you want a taxi, and not just a shared transport, then euro20 is about right. There is a taxi kiosk in Arrivals with the prices advertised if you don't pre book, or you can prebook what we call a private hire. Take a look at

ecabs Malta or

Wembley taxis (they have never let me down),

get a quote and they will be there with your name to meet you.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 18:22
Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Brilliant (again!) guys,thanks for that,like the pre booking idea Sean,cheers!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

1 second Wembleys (nice & clean cars, good drivers). Have gotten taxis at the airport at the arrivals hall some good some drove too fast imo.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

Glad you agree stella099! The Wembley driver even insists on taking my trolley and luggage and loading it in the boot, then helps me get the case INTO my flat. That is service

9. Re: New experience,the sequel,again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 07:16