We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Malta the right place ?

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Is Malta the right place ?

Hiya Folks,

Currently trying to plan a holiday for October this year (for the 2 parents and myself - 39), but really kind of stuck for ideas on where to go. In the past we've stuck with places like Cyprus and Greece but I fancy trying something new...

Where would people suggest is the best place to stay within Malta for a newbie ? Parents want something that is in easy reach of all the amenities. Myself, I'm looking for a bit of culture / photo opportunities.

Any suggestions / advice more than welcome.

Cheers,

Paul.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Malta the right place ?

I suggest that you stay in either St Julians or Sliema.

The two places are next to each other like one large place,

The promenade round the two towns is mainly flat , with very little uphill to contend with.

There is a large choice of hotels and lots of restaurants of all types as well as plenty of bars. There are also many shops including well known names such as M&S and BHS.

An excellent bus service will whizz you into Valletta in about 15 minutes. From there other places are easily reached.

I am sure either of these places would be ideal.

Sure you will enjoy Malta with it`s huge number of things of interest.

Graham

Graham

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Malta the right place ?

I agree wi9th Graham about an ideal locality.

There is so much of interest in Malta for your parents, and plenty of cafe/bars as well to sit outside and people watch. Loads of photo opportunities. Try to make your visit coincide with one (or more) or the village festas for some good experiences.

3. Re: Is Malta the right place ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:17