We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

I am travelling to Malta with Thomson’s and the e-tickets mention a E3.50 tourist tax. The literature from Thomson’s says that you will need to buy the voucher & hand it in when departing the island.

Where do you buy the voucher? Has anyone recently travelled with Thomson’s and paid the E3.50?

I realise the tax is usually paid with the airline ticket. Many thanks.

Malta Segway Fun Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
Rolling Geeks
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
My Maltese Guide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Colour My Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Private Tours
Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

I have travelled to Malta a number of times now and never heard of this tax and never had to pay it. It is possible it is included in other airlines/holiday companioes.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

Thanks Nana. I found an old post dated December 2010 :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g608948-i11647-k…

Most people seem to be unaware of the tax, will be interested to hear if anyone paid the tax when travelling with Thomson’s. Thanks all.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

I seem to remember once having to pay a tax at the airport, this was when I was travelling 2007 or prior when I was travelling with Thomsons, I just paid a small amount at check in. Not sure if it was not scrapped. Since then I have flown 4 times with Air Malta and once with Ryanair and never paid any additional tax that has not already been included in the price of the ticket.

Macl1uk

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

Thanks Mac. If anyone has further comments please let me know. Thanks all.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

Just a note to let you know that we returned from Malta yesterday and did not pay any tourist tax. Thanks all for your replies.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

Parts of Spain have just introduced a tourist tax,

The ammount depends on the star rating of the accomodation , You only pay for seven nights and only for over sixteen year olds,

I stayed in a three star hotel and it cost 3.50 euros each for the week.

I have never paid a tax in Malta,

Graham

7. Re: Eco-Voucher Tourist Tax (Thomson Holidays)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:16