We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotel with beach, animation for kids & entertainment

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Family hotel with beach, animation for kids & entertainment

Hi never been to Malta before. Having looked at the hotels online it seems they are quite different to the normal family type All Inclusive that you see in the rest of the Med. That's possibly not a bad thing but I have two girls aged 11 and 12 and want to make sure that I book a hotel in August that has activities for them both during the day and at night.

Can anybody suggest some good hotels that will cater for them with possibly a beach. Looking at going in August and I can see that decent hotels are expensive. Any suggestions anybody? Would even consider apartments but must have things for the kids to do. I am presuming Gozo would be even quieter.

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family hotel with beach, animation for kids & entertainment

I have been to Malta on numerous occasions, and stayed in diffrent hotels and in every single one of them I didn't notice any kids entratinement at all. Most hotels don't have any kids clubs.

Apart form the hotels pools and the beach there isn't much to do for children of thar age. There is Popye Village near Mellieha and a water park near Buggiba. But these amusment places are ideally for the under 10 years old.

But don't let this put you off from going to Malta. There is the Mellieha bay and the Golden bay for swimmming and sunbathing. Valetta and Sleima for shopping and sightseeing. Comino and Gozo for day trips. I am sure noe of your family will be bored, so go and enjoy.

Check out the Pergola hotel in Meiileha. I seem to recall seeing few families with youngsters staying there. It is also has family size self-catering apartement.

Beware that the weather in August would be a scorcher!!!! Apply plent of sun cream.

Cheers

Cas

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family hotel with beach, animation for kids & entertainment

Have a look at the Mellieha Bay Hotel, http://www.melliehabayhotel.com/ I have not stayed there since 2007, but remember a kids club – sorry I cannot remember what age group it goes up to as they ran several different age group kids clubs. Also there is the limelight lounge which on some evenings used to put on things for kids.

Also have a look at the Seabank Hotel, http://www.seabankhotel.com/ this has just been rebuilt and I have no idea of what kids facilities there are.

Both of the above are All Inclusive and are on Mellieha Bay which is the biggest sandy beach on the island.

Macl1uk

3. Re: Family hotel with beach, animation for kids & entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:17