We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star hotel recommendations

North west
Level Contributor
92 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
5 star hotel recommendations

Hello, I am a frequent travellor to Malta (last 5 years) and have stayed in both Qawra and Silema, we are returning this August bank holiday for my 40th birth day and traveling a just a couple and would like to find a nice 5 star hotel as my birthday treat - thinking either Valetta or Silema, would like a more adult base and also any suggestions for a special meal

Please, thank you

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

There are no 5 star hotels in Valletta but just outside the city in , and only a minute or two away are two .

The Phonecia hotel is a well thought of establishment which has been there a long time . Just round the corner is a newer one , the Excelsior , in a lovely position overlooking the harbour.

The only 5 stars in Sliema are the Palace and Fortina spa.

St Julians has the Hilton --- one of the best.

Graham

North west
Level Contributor
92 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Thanks Graham will take a look at the Hilton

london
Level Contributor
405 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

While its not in Valletta or Sliema, if you really want to push the boat out have a look at the Xara palace

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190324-d2068…

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Also if you fancied crossing over to Gozo the Kempinski San Lawrenz is perfect for an adult holiday and has a really good spa.

In St Julians I like the Westin Dragonara and the 4 Star Juliani providing you get a Bayview room or suite.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

The Hilton in St Julians is the best hotel - for a knock-out meal try Zest (one of the restaurants at the hotel Juliani in St Julians), or the Blue Elephant at the Hilton itself.

North west
Level Contributor
92 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Thank you all for the replies will have a look at the suggestions. I had read that the Hilton takes a high deposit is this correct? And is it common amongst all of the hotels mentioned and will need to factor this in thank you again

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Yes all 5 star hotels I have stayed in have reserved some money against my credit card for purchases made during my stay and this is adjusted when I check out. It has never been an issue since the remaining balance is always refunded, although in my case I usually have more to pay. I would suggest contacting your chosen hotel and asking their policy iregarding deposits.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Westin & Quadro Fine Dining...........more affordable than Zest and better!

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Had a less than memorable experience at Quadro on New Years Eve three or four years ago - will not be returning. You can just be unlucky and arrive on a bad chef day, but for the money (120 euros each) was inexcusable - the main problem for me was the number of different flavours within the one dish, each seeming to attack the other - however another person, another palate, hey-ho.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 star hotel recommendations

Shembo you must have been unlucky since I have really enjoyed my meals taken at Quadro, I also like Zest but I think the Blue Elephant is over rated.