We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Island one day itinerary

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malta Island one day itinerary

Hi,

We will be flying into Malta on a Ryanair flight, touching down at 10.40am on thursday, 25 july.

We plan to take a taxi from the airport to the UB gardens to try to make it in time for the saluting battery at noon. Is this possible considering our tight timing?

We will then check into Hotel Diplomat and have some lunch at Strait Street. After that we will visit St John's Co Cathedral before it closes at 430pm.

Next, we plan to take a bus to the blue grotto for the boat ride and when thats done, we will again take a bus to Mdina.

Being a very short holiday, it is a very tight schedule but I understand that the sun sets at 8 plus in the evening, so technically it should be possible to visit the places above in good time?

Would appreciate any input or tips on whether this one-day itinerary is feasible! Thanks in advance.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Island one day itinerary

All sounds tight. The blue grotto boats finish at 4:30 in summer and it's best visited in the morning.

http://www.bluegrottomalta.com.mt/

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Island one day itinerary

Just my personal feelings but I would forget the Blue Grotto and have a little more time in either Valletta or Mdina --- they are both more interesting .

Getting to the UP Gardens for the noon gun should be OK by taxi as the journey is about half an hour and the taxi can take you right to the gates of the gardens.

Enjoy your short stay and hope you come back again.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Island one day itinerary

Do you mean Diplomat Hotel? That's in Sliema................

Relax more in Valletta - exploit the day there, ferry to Sliema, Grand Harbour Cruise, I think you will enjoy that more.......................

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Island one day itinerary

Thanks for the tips! We will not be visiting the blue grotto anymore based on you guys' advise and will instead enjoy more of Valletta.

5. Re: Malta Island one day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:19