We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi

My husband and I are along with our 2 children who will be 6 and nearly 7 are looking into a 1 week family holiday in malta,in July 2014, At the moment we are looking at the seabank hotel in mellieha, is this a good choice? I've heard that the public transport in malta is brilliant, as we are looking to visit sliema and possibly the waterpark and the marine park? Is it possible to visit these places from mellieha? We were also wondering what kind of weather we should expect in the 1st week of July! And how far away are the shops restaurants from the hotel itself? Thanks in advance.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

The Seabank hotel is right next to Maltas largest beach.

There are a few restaurants and bars nearby but shops are in Mellieha village which is about a mile away up a steep hill that will require a bus.

The number 222 bus will take you to Sliema ( via the waterpark ) and plenty of buses will go to Valletta.

Malta is quite a small island so most places are easily reached.

A seven day bus ticket only costs 12 euros ---- excellent value.

The weather in malta in July and August is extremely hot (30 to 40 degrees)

You will need lots of suncream , hats and vast quantities of water to drink,

Enjoy Malta.

Graham

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Perhaps it might be worth having a look at either the Bugibba / Qawra area or maybe St Julians .

Both these areas are less remote than Mellieha Bay ( where the Seabank is ) , are handier to the waterpark and new aquarium , handier bus services and more to see and do.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hi, I would not opt for Mellieha. It is true that the Seabank is very close to the beach. But choose it only if you like sandy beaches and if you are opting to have a holiday on the beach. I would personally opt for the St.Julian's area. There are rocky beaches, a small sandy beach and there are connections to all parts of Malta via the local bus service. Also there a huge number of bars, the usual McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc..., loads of shops, cinemas and good activity for the children.

If you want a good hotel, in a quiet area just 10 minutes away from all the activity try the Radisson St.Julian's.

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:19