We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Tobacco

I've been asked to bring back some Samson tobacco when I go to Malta next month. Can anyone give me advice about the cheapest place to buy it, or do I get it at the airport or on the plane.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tobacco

Prices at the airport are the same as most shops, I always buy at the airport on my way home as it goes in hand luggage.

If buying in Bugibba or Qawra beware that some shops are selling tobacco at reduced prices because tax has not been paid and then the poor tourist gets caught at UK customs and has the lot confiscated

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tobacco

Not been smokers, how much can I expect to pay please?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tobacco

If I am bringing a case with me I usually buy it on the way through the airport that way you can put it in your case and forget about it not sure about price don't smoke either cigaretts are about €4.80 pack of 20.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tobacco

Not sure about Samson tobacco, but Golden Virginia is Euros 77 for a half kilo.

Macl1uk

5. Re: Tobacco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:19