We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Just wondering if anyone has used Shuttle Direct for booking their Malta airport taxi transfers.

If so, I would be very interested in your experience as their prices appear to be quite competitive.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

What area are you staying in as it now appears the bus service have reduced their fares the weekly bus ticket is supposed to be €6.50 including the airport buses so you are not going to get cheaper than that.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

We will be staying in Sliema, but do like to use a taxi transfer Wrappido. The cost reduction in the bus fares is great news.

walsall
Level Contributor
6 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

I'm off to Malta soon. Has anyone actually used Shuttle Direct for a transfer on Malta. There reviews are mixed elsewhere and some are awful. Any experience?

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Yes BillWalsall, I ended up using them in March. Their price was excellent for a return taxi transfer and I had no issues with either leg of the transfer. The transfer was provided by William's garage who to date I have used a few times now and so far have had no issues, although I do know there are others here who have less favourable service.

walsall
Level Contributor
6 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Thanks. I've just had a look at Williams web site. Looks good.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Check Travelrepublic for your transfers also as they are normally competitively priced and they use William's Garage also.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Can I just point out there is a thread on here about Williams garage,loads of people sayeing how unreliable and rip off merchants they are,I've never used them,but just thought id point out that thread,use the search at top to find the thread.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

I agree Yorkshiregirl, their reputation isn't particularly good. Perhaps so far I have been just lucky as I have had no issue with William's garage whatsoever and to be honest, considering I have had Private taxi return transfers for as little as £14 last year and £16 this year, while others are charging up to 40 euro for the same service, then perhaps it's not just William's who are prepared to rip off us decent tourists??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

I agree there,there are a lot of dodgy transfer companies,and car hire companies out there,not just Malta tho,I go on another 4 forums regularly and its the same on them about transfers or car hire,oh another favourite is taxi drivers ripping people off,but what people don't realise in a lot of these places the taxi fares are set by the local councils,and worked out by a machine not the driver,that's certainly the case in Barcelona and the cotes d azur in France,so simply askeing for a receipt would tell you you are not being ripped off,as the receipt comes from the meter as well,they also don't realise there airport,port,station charges to add on depending on where your getting taxi to and from,and once again the meter adds all this on,a lot of the time its a case of people not reading the charges or agreement policies thoroughly,something I allways do,not hired a car in Malta for years now tho allways use the buses,as cheap and easy to use,and our friends collect and drop us in Barcelona and Antibes so dont need any of them these days,mind you if there for longer than 3/4days we do hire a car and I use Europcar at Antibes and Barcelona airports and never had a problem with them,I've also used them in Malta in the past without a problem,even tho as of late people have had problems with them,but I think this is down to the fact they franchise there business out in Malta now and theres being a management change since we've used them,my advice is always read the t&Cs for transfers and car hire,and check a taxi price before you get in.

walsall
Level Contributor
6 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle direct taxi transfers.

Back from Malta" Williams taxi service first class. On time and cheap. Thanks to all who helped me.

Get answers to your questions about Malta