We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire!

The dreaded car hire question! I know everyone will say I don't need to hire a car as public transport is so good on Malta. However, it's a short trip over the Easter break, our first trip to Malta and our first child free holiday in 12 years! So we want to see and do as much as possible. I'm wanting to hire a car at the airport. Which hire companies are aiport based or can anyone recommend a car hire firm to use. I was just going to book a car through argus but previous threads have put me off. We will be based in St Julians. Many thanks.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,872 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire!

I have recommended this company many times before as I have always found Victor and his family to be reliable and honest.

I have no connection except as a satisfied customer

http://www.effectivecreations.com/compass/

Give them a try.

Graham

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire!

Princess Car Hire I have hired from them for the last 3 years, they always meet me at the airport and the cars are always fairly new and in good condition. I have found their charges fair and no extra charge for a second driver. I have not been charged for petrol, this time it was provided with a full tank and was asked to return it with a full tank, which I did. My excess is usually €120.

Princess Car Hire 356 21371939 or 21371939

http://www.princesscarhire.com

info@princesscarhire.com

There are several car hire companies listed on

tripadvisor.co.uk/…56459158

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire!

I have never had a problem when hiring a car from Auto Rentals who are based in St Julians, just round the corner from Wembley Motors who are on the main road Triq San Gorg. They usually supply the car with a fuel tank quarter full and ask for it to be returned quarter full. Good rates and decent cars - just ask for John (sen) or John (jun).

Scotland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire!

I just read this post and although my reply is too late for your holiday, I can highly recommend Princess Car Hire. We hired for June 2014.They delivered our car to our apartment in qawra and allowed us to leave at the airport on day of departure. No extra charges. Provided a free seat for our toddler. The car had only 3500km on odometer and was like new. Very good price and very professional and reliable. Highly recommended.

Liverpool
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire!

Here's another plus for Compass car Hire :) .

I was a little aprehensive with all the rip off stories regarding car hire in Malta and had a few questions to ask .

I recieved very polite and efficient replies to all my questions ,thanks to Pauline ,which put my mind at rest so went ahead with the booking,.

I was picked up from the hotel spot on arranged time ,a short time later after the usual paperwork we were driving away a great well maintained car armed with directions to our planned trip for the day .

Absolutely no problems with the entire hire period ,dropped back off at our hotel without fuss .

I will definitely be using ' Compass Car Hire ' again on our next holiday in Malta.

6. Re: Car Hire!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 05:15