We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild camping in Malta

Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Wild camping in Malta

Hi guys,

I've got a question about camping with a tent "in the wild". I know, that it is not allowed, though I find many infos about people who do that there - so the question is: how does it really look like? Is the police coming and making you pay, or do the field's owners make you run? Or is it possible for the tourist to find anybody, who's gonna let you build a tent at his garden?

If there is anybody, who's done this before, i'd love to hear the impression.

Oh, i'm coming to malta in july with ma gf and we plan to find a job at some hotel asap, so the basic plan is to spend only few days like this (though it might be some time more, but i hope not ;)

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild camping in Malta

If you type camping in Malta in the box above I think you will get the answers you need.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild camping in Malta

Well, have done it before, haven't found the answer to my questions though. That's why I asked

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild camping in Malta

Will employers really be interested in taking on trespassers :0I

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wild camping in Malta

From what I can gather by googling camping in Malta there are two sites one very remote and one near St Georges Bay but their maybe a cost attached something like €15 a day if you look up booking.com you might get a one or two star hotel or hostel for that.

Mentioned in this post
St. George's Bay
St. George's Bay
1,135 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wild camping in Malta

I did have a friend that camped in his van for a whole summer season but he did have to move every morning. Camping will be a lot harder unless staying on a proper site but as Already mentioned you could probably get into a hostel for about the same money

6. Re: Wild camping in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:16