We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

We are staying at the Seabank in Mellieha and want to go to the MTV gig in Valetta, does anyone have any handy tips for going to this and also does Arriva put on extra buses around this time, or is it going to be a long wait at the bus terminal after to get the bus back to our hotel??? Or we may just pay for a taxi.....

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

The best bet is the 41 or 42 bus that leaves just across the road from your hotel. Malta Public Transport (Arriva have long gone), usually run extra buses to Cirkewwa during the event, but have not published any details yet. These should also serve MB. Keep an eye on the bus website before you go:

http://www.publictransport.com.mt/home?l=1

Bus timetables are due to change at the end on June, but again no details published yet - ulikely to be any major changes to daytime services to/from MB (maybe a few more buses).

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

You can catch the bus down quite easily but getting back is a nightmare of epic proportions. We only stayed in st julians and it was almost impossible to get back.

I would pre pay local mellieha taxi firm and arrange to meet it at pre agreed location away from the venue, say a 5 minute walk away from the crowds.

It gets absolutely rammed solid at this event and for me it's not a pleasurable gig but I am 40 now lol.

Don't let me put you off though.

Ps the Seabank is a fantastic hotel.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

Ah thanks we will probably take the bus to it and grab a taxi back.... I could of sworn we were using Arriva buses last month, or do they still have them just run under the Malta Public Transport? Confused now (doesn't take much ha)

Can't wait to stay at the SeaBank have only heard good things about it :)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

It would be best to prearrange a taxi .

May be very difficult to just "grab " a taxi . The white taxis can be very expensive and are known for ripping people off.

Arriva have gone but the same buses are still being used and haven`t been repainted ,so it still looks like Arriva.

Graham

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

Ok thanks for clearing that up regarding the buses and best had pre arrange a taxi then, don't want to be ripped off!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

Have fun at the gig and enjoy yourselves. You can book a taxi through the hotel with a local mellieha firm called Edwards I think... May be wrong on the name but it's something like that.

At the gig be prepared to be crammed in like sardines and have lack of toilets and bars but hey ho, nowt out the ordinary.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

Well, when we arrived at the Seabank (brilliant hotel by the way) there was an advertisement for the Isle of MTV and they were offering a shuttle bus for €10 each leaving at 4.30 returning at 12pm this was great!! dropped us off right out side the venue and picked us up at the same place avoiding hassle and expense of finding a taxi back as it was packed I bet we would of waited a long time to catch a taxi!!!

Had a great night, glad we went and even happier at the shuttle bus being offered, any advise for future people going just ask at your hotel they may be offering a taxi/bus service to this concert, enjoy and have a great night!

thanks for the advise above.

8. Re: Isle of MTV Malta 25th June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:16