We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta just after Xmas

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malta just after Xmas

Hi All,

Can anyone help or guide me on this please. I'm looking to booking 3-4 nights in Malta from 26th Dec-29/30th Dec. Can anyone please suggest main or best areas to stay which are within decent reach of main town centre (Valetta?). It will be 2 adults and one 6 year old kid. Any recommended hotels?

Any suggestions for places to visit please?

Also what is the weather like during this time please?

I need to book something by end of July if possible.

All help will be appreciated!

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta just after Xmas

I would suggest staying in Sliema or St Julians as both are within easy reach of Valletta using the frequent bus services serving both areas . They both have plenty of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. The two resorts are linked by a seafront promenade which is a very enjoyable walk. An unlimited use day ticket covering the whole of Malta only costs €1.50. Valletta itself is rich in history and culture and I certainly recommend spending at least a day there. I would also take to time to visit Mdina (the old capital) and the town of Rabat which is just outside Mdina's walls. To see another side of the Maltese archipelago I recommend a visit to Gozo which is more rustic and less touristy (but only if you get good weather. The weather at that time of year can be unpredictable, and you are likely to see some rain. Temperatures likely to be around 12-14c, but I have known it hit 20C!. Make sure you take something warm for the evenings as temperatures do drop after sunset.

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta just after Xmas

Hi TM,

Thanks for your reply, I will have a look at Malta over the weekend taking note of what you have mentioned. I would like to hope the weather will be 'ok' during that period! :)

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,902 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta just after Xmas

I support Sliema or St. Julians. Source a hotel with an indoor pool.

4. Re: Malta just after Xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:17