We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your holiday

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
your holiday

warning do not go with travel republic when there is a problem they do not give a dam got your money that's it spoke to some there reps premises that's al you get my wife is disabled she was put a room with friend more like a box room two beds pushed together the room was meant four one not two travel republic did not give a dam

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: your holiday

Suegesry,what a shame that tr have not helped in any way,i hope your wife is managing ok,i for one will be mentioning the post about this on ta the next time i book with them,for assurance that they wouldn't leave me in a similar situation,and asking for it in black and white too,so they cant get out of it if any thing happens

And i don't blame you for taking matters further,let us know how you get on eventualy

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: your holiday

Eileen I slipped down some steps at the pool. I have two fractures in my third metatarsal. In plaster and not allowed to put any weight on it. We had to move to thw bugibba cos I couldnt get up and down the steps ar our apartment.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: your holiday

Great holiday then June,id report the owners to the health and safety executive,think there based in valletta,or they may be an area office in st Pauls,after all the tiles around pools and the steps are meant to be none slip,they obvisouly weren't as you managed to hurt yourself quite badly,hope you have a quick recovery

Eileen

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: your holiday

Reporting anything to anyone in Malta would be a waste of time as are all reports .

They will be filed away , never to see the light of day.

Look how long it takes cases to come to the courts . Often years ,and then half the people involved are dead or the paperwork is lost.

Don`t waste your time .

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: your holiday

One thing a lot of people take notice of are the reviews both on the booking site and on Trip Advisor so I would do a lovely review on both especially thanking Travel Republic for their wonderful help and advice.

I would make sure to mention the people who were so helpful to you. Now as they were of no help what so ever actually about as useful as a f a r t in a space mans suit then anybody who reads reviews on this hotel for the next two years will see your review.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: your holiday

Is it that bad graham,sounds worse than Spain,and i thought the legal system there was slow and bad.lol

Eileen

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: your holiday

I always thought TR as more of a broker, the flight supplied by an airline and the accommodation from a holiday firm. When I've bought a holiday through TR, I still have a rep in the resort in the event the hotel can't solve any problem.

Thanks for your warning, but I think you are directing blame in the wrong direction.

I will certainly use TR again.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: your holiday

Trip Advisor sent me an advertisement for this hotel last night showing rooms as cheap as €13 per day.

The pictures provided by the hotel show a lovely well looked after establishment they must have been taken when the hotel was built.

If T/A looked at the reviews and the photographs supplied by their members they would not be advertising this hotel. The job of D/E and others on T/A is to give honest opinions on the places they stay and visit and to highlight places that should not be used.

This hotel is a case in point T/A should not be advertising it with pictures that are totally misleading they must have received the cheque first and the pictures second as nobody compared their members photos and the ones supplied by management.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: your holiday

If you book the whole lot through tr ie accm,flights,transfers,you get an abta cert,so tr are liable if any thing is unsatisfactory,but i think its disgusting how the op has being treated,not just by tr but the hotel as well for its total lies and mis use of photos that were obvisouly taken when the hotel was first openend like graham said,ta should not be advertising this hotel,especially when you compare hotels own photos to that of ta members,the hotel looks like a slum in theirs,the malteese health dept.and tourist board shouldn't allow it to operate as a hotel,hostel maybe but even then that's debatable.

Im back in october staying at quawra palace,im gonna go and have a nose at the place,i think,walked by in past but never being in,might just print this thread out,and leave them a copy at reception lol.

Eileen

Edited: 20 July 2014, 10:45
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: your holiday

Sorry meant wrappido,sorry mate,not graham,i think the age is beginning to show guys.lol

Eileen