We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVIS Malta Airport - warning

Paris
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
AVIS Malta Airport - warning

I booked a car asking to pick it up at St Julian and bring it over to the airport.

When I arrived, the person told me I had to pay an extra €21ex-VAT for me to drop it at the airport. This fee was not in the quote and the person told me it was a new fee implemented this year. As I was stuck with them (go and hire a car on a Saturday morning in peak season), I took the car.

I called AVIS afterwards three time to make a claim only to hear on the third time that if I didnt like the conditions, I should not accept the terms at the agency and not take the car. They did not want to listen to the fact that this was never in the quote I got.

This is unfortunately not the first time I am having issues with Avis - last year in Greece the local agency in Patmos never got my request for rental (while I had received a confirmation in writting).

Just avoid them.

brighton uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AVIS Malta Airport - warning

Yes I found similar 'extras' but one expects better from Avis

I booked thro' "Economy" a web search site and when in Sliema 'Aquarius' provided the car

Only for a week-end but having thought I'd pre-paid had a second bill almost as much as the first but to be fair some was for fuel in the tank.

Thought the days of hidden hire-car charges were long gone!

NP

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,683 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AVIS Malta Airport - warning

Nope,especialy not in malta,theres a thread on here that regular ta members started with reccomendations of reputable firms,type in car hire at top then choose the one that says reputable or to that effect,

next time you may want to check it first

Eileen

3. Re: AVIS Malta Airport - warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16