We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

Greater London...
Level Contributor
460 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

A few months ago, when I first started researching an October visit to Malta, the Heritage Malta Multisite Pass cost 35 euros (27 for seniors). When I looked yesterday I noticed it had gone up to 50 euros (38 for seniors). This 70% increase seems quite extraordinary. It may be the entry prices to individual sites covered by the Pass have also increased by a similar amount (although entry to the Hypogeum, which is not covered by the Pass, has remained the same). Is this a one off or indicative of price increases generally on the island?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
460 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

Maths was never my strong suit - I think the increase is actually around 42%, but my question remains the same.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

I think this need checking with Heritage Malta as the site also sells the family pass for the same sites but for 2 adults and 2 children for €40! One of the prices has to be wrong. Had a look elsewhere online but can't find anything that clears things up.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
460 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

See website below - can't get link to work

heritagemalta.org/book-buy/admission-fees/

There are so many different passes. The family ticket to all 22 sites is now actually 110 euros.

Whatever the current prices, is the 42% price rise indicative of price rises generally on the island?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

Malta is one of the best value destinations in the Med. Prices have not increased substantially since last year...................

Greater London...
Level Contributor
460 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

If prices generally have not increased in Malta what can one conclude by a 42% increase in a Pass that it primarily aimed at visitors?

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

Hallyboy - Link now seems to work and the Family ticket is now showing €110! as you say. Looks like they have just done this and have been updating the site today, hence the broken links. Given that inflation in Malta is about the lowest in Europe 42% increase is certainly steep and I agree this looks like they are going after tourist euros. €50 is still good value considering it gives admission to 22 sites for those that want to visit a lot, but not so good for the tourist that probably only visit a few prime sites and save a couple of euros.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
460 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

It's a shame if that is the reason behind the price increase. Anyway, the four of us visiting Malta in October (who were going to get the Pass) will not now do so. We will just pay separately for the handful of sites we really want to see. Doing that will also offer greater flexibility (and save us money) if for any reason we are unable to get to the sites we want to visit.

8. Re: Heritage Malta Multisite Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:15