We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Razzett Ghasri

The Netherlands
5 posts
Save Topic
Razzett Ghasri

Hi everyone,

Very excited about visiting Gozo for the first time, from August 31th till September 14th! Still have some questions though, and hoping to find the answers on this forum.

Are there festas that time of year in Gozo, and which are especially worth visiting?

We are staying at the Razzett Ghasri, and on the website of the touroperator it looks lovely, but I can hardly find any reviews about this accomodation. Does anyone know it?

Is it possible to rent a boat to do a trip yourself?

And which operator is best for a boattrip around Gozo? I do not like big crowds, I would prefer a group maximum of 15 persons. Is that possible?

Any other tips would be very welcome too, off course!

Thanx in advance,

Chantal

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Razzett Ghasri

if you dont like crowds dont go to the feast, there is a feast 8th september . if you go down to mgarr there will be A few boat trips you could join

The Netherlands
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Razzett Ghasri

Hi Annette,

Thanx for your reply.

I'm sorry, my message was a bit confusing. I meant that I really wouln't want to be on a crowded boat, because I would want a quiet peaceful boattrip.

Other than that, I don't hate crowds. I think I would really enjoy a festa, but I am not sure there will be any during our stay.

Chantal

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Razzett Ghasri

6th September is the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Xlendi

8th September is the feast of the Nativity of Our Lady in Xaghra and if I'm not mistaken also a public holiday. I would imagine this would be the better feast

Paris
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Razzett Ghasri

re renting a boat go and see Louis who is normally at the beginning of the small pier at Xlendi, they have lots of boats for self-hire and are the best on the Island.

You can't miss him, he will be standing next to the Canoes, here is their website,

http://www.xlendicruises.com/

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Razzett Ghasri

also teds boat at xlendi he does good trips around gozo. he told me today the price is 30euros each with lunch of tuna or ham salad

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Razzett Ghasri

The festa in Xaghra on 8th September is one of the most popular feasts on the island. Am sorry, but don't know about this property. You can definately rent a boat for your own, but always need the skipper. Maybe you can contact Barbarossa Trips, am sure they will assist you.

7. Re: Razzett Ghasri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations