We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

Staffs, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

Malta Air charter ran a good helicopter transfer service for many years, with affordable ticket prices offering an alternative to the ferry service. This made the transfer time from Malta, 15 to 20 minutes in total from Malta Airport to Gozo heliport.

This year (2005) the Spanish company Helesuretse SA took on the task, and whilst we personally haven't used it, there are rumours of cancelled trips and expensive tickets. I have also heard that next year, the service may not even run! Would anyone with any info. keep us posted throughout the Winter as we'd very much like to use the service next June.

uk
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

the helicopter service is run by a spanish company called helicopteros del sureste s.a they are smaller take 13 passsengers this is their web site hse.malta@helisureste.com have a good time

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

We have booked this type of transfer for 8th August this year through First Choice. It has cost us £80 return for 2 adults and 2 children.

Not bad I thought.

Staffs, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

Hi Biddybert,

If you are paying £80 in total, you have a bargain.

Helisureste fares are (per their web site)Adult return LM50, Child up to 12 yrs return LM25 and under 2's LM5 which at current rate of conversion £80,£40 and £3.20p. To book direct therefore would be 2 x adult = £160 and 2 x under 2's £6.40 total £166.40 . If your Children are older, total would be £280!! Visit www.HelisuresteSA

uk
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

that is a good price they charge 50ml return for 1 adult are u sure its not 80pounds each

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

I asked the operator at First Choice whether they had it right, because I was expecting it to be about £160, but I was assured that was the total amount and it was definately return fares. First Choice probably get a concessional fee from the helicopter company as they put so much business their way.

Maybe I'll double check again.... : )

uk
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

no they dont get any reduced fares only residents of gozo ask for the price in writing have a good time

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

Got our payment details/invoice from First Choice this morning and it's definately £80, £30 per adult and £10 per child. Phew.

Staffs, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

Hi biddybert,

Well done! Great deal. I wouldn't mind some of that. Did you book a whole package holiday with First Choice to qualify for this, or Heli. flights only please?

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

We booked our entire holiday with them, package deal.

uk
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Helicopter transfers Malta to Gozo & Return

thts certainly a good deal they have deffinately made a mistake even a resident fare is 26ml return approx 40pounds ' have a good time

Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations