We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

We will be taking our first holiday to Gozo in April this year with 3 children. Any suggestions on restaurants and places to go, see.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

Oh, Gozo will be the ideal place for holidaying with young children. The island is peacefull and quite safe. Recommended restaurants for young families are:

the restaurants along the sea-shore in Xlendi;

the restaurants along the sea-shore in Marsalforn;

the Sports Cafe close to the main football stadium in Xewkia.

Places to go with the kids;

the Citadel in Victoria,

Dwejra Bay,

Ramla Bay,

Crafts village in San Lawrenz.

Museum in Gharb village square.

museums at the citadel in Victoria

toys museum in Xaghra.

more to see and much to do!

2. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 15:01
England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

Thank you for the advise so far.

We have indeed made arrangements to rent a car at the Airport in Malta.

Some advise regarding locality of supermarkets near to the airport would be fab. Then we can get all of our supplies before we get on the ferry to Gozo. Am I right in thinking that Gozo doesn't have big supermarkets?

We have booked a farmhouse with Marvik Borg, Ta Nikola.

SOoooo excited

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

There is a largish supermarket in Victoria on the main road towards the bottom of the town, on the right hand side of the road (going North). I think it is an Arcadia, and is in the basement of a small shopping centre. Most villages have small supermarkets which should meet your daily needs.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

hi, rosies bar/cafe on the beach at ramla bay gozo , dont miss it its run by a family for over 50 years ! we found it last sept and its real good value , if your driving on gozo a word of warning , we drove and most of the roads are ok main roads at least but once off main rd watch out !! pot holes rough road surface etc and signs are invisible ! you just have to watch out for them ( we even saw one on a car bonnet !! ) but we enjoyed the expieriance and i am sure you will. ramla bay was our favourite.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

I would leave your food shopping till you got to Gozo. If the weather is warm and you want to buy milk, yoghurts and other fresh chilled food you don't want to be carrying it in the boot of the car all the way to Gozo. There are supermarkets in Gozo so that's not a problem

Nadur, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

Hi I am living and working in Nadur Gozo and I offer activities for tourists, such as creative activities, which can be also done by children, such as forming and shaping with clay or painting with mud. I also do walks form one artist to another - a different way to get to know the island.

you can find more info on my web site: www.kreativurlaub-gozo.com

Regarding the restaurants , you do not need to worry. Here are children up until late night and locals like to go out for dinner with their kids. Otherwise there is not much specific for children. How old are they?

Greetings from sunny Gozo

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

sure there are supermarkets on Gozo! there are lots of them also. Definately not the hypermarket type, but you will find whatever you want on the island. Gozo is an island of 30000 residents and they can't live without supermarkets. I would leave all the shopping (food) for Gozo, since otherwise if you are travelling in Summer, you will need cooler bags for frozen foods.

9. Re: Gozo holiday ... with 3 children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo