We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo - Weather in October

London
2 posts
Gozo - Weather in October

My boyfriend and I are looking for a bit of sunshine towards the end of this year and are considering Gozo as it seems to tick lots of boxes for us.

However, we are looking to go in the first week of October and I am concerned about the weather. Lots of info I have read indicates that the temperature drops off and rain fall increases signficantly between the months of September and October and, as we are only going for a week, we would probably consider paying extra to go in September if the weather is likely to be a lot more predictable.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Gozo - Weather in October

I went at the beginning of October last year and the weather was beautiful. We did get a couple of rain showers, but this was at night and so did not spoil our holiday, and had completely dried up by morning. Even if it does rain it will probably be a short shower and will quickly dry up. You should get plenty of sun.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Gozo - Weather in October

October can have very mixed weather and it is impossible to give a definitive answer.

Often at this time of year it can be extremely hot , in fact it can be hot well into November although it cools off in the late afternoon.

September would proberbly be more consistent but unfortunately there are no guarantees.

Sorry I can`t be more helpfull but long term weather prediction is not an exact science.

Take a risk because even if you do get some rain it usually doesn`t last long and soon dries up

Graham.

uk
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
3. Re: Gozo - Weather in October

the chances of you getting rain in eary october is very slim and iut usually rains at night

London
2 posts
4. Re: Gozo - Weather in October

Thank you for all your prompt and helpful advice. It sounds like it's definitely worth the risk. Looking forward to it already!

5. Re: Gozo - Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations