We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

I have been researching which hotel to choose and have narrowed down my options to these 2 hotels. The price is about the same but I really cannot make up my mind which one will suit us best.

Any advice or reports from other people who have used these 2 hotels would be gratefully received. Thanks

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

the san lawrence a newer hotel no sea views inland the village is very quiet with 1 restaurant no bars whereas the ta cenc and older type property with acess to a small beach and the village has a bit more to offer just outside the hotel is a nice restaurant and bar and near the square you have a few shops and bars also a football club. not so isolated as the san lawrence. hope this helps

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

San Lawrenz is newer, Ta' Cenc a bit older and more tired I believe. There is Dwejra Bay very near to San Lawrenz and the village nearby too. Will you have a car whilst on Gozo as you will be able to get around and see more if you do.

WE have stayed at San Lawrenz and visited friends at TA Cenc but this was a few years ago. I would chose San Lawrenz over Ta' Cenc

Mentioned in this post
San Lawrenz
San Lawrenz
Island of Gozo, Malta
Dwejra Bay
Dwejra Bay
474 Reviews
Island of Gozo, Malta
London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

both are good hotels and distance is not an issue on Gozo. Ta Cenc is more of a 'bungalow' hotel. As for the villages, there is a restaurant, Girna just outside Ta Cenc hotel and Sannat Lions football club and the Band Club in the village square and with regards to Kempinski San Lawrenz nearest restaurants are Jeffrey's, Tatitas and Gharb Rangers football club, highly recommended for snacks. Distance to beaches is the same for both hotels, with the private beach being close to Ta Cenc and the magnificent Dwejra Bay being just as close to Kempinski. Car hire is highly recommended on Gozo. Both hotels are approximately same distance from Victoria, just less than 10 minutes drive.

Mentioned in this post
Dwejra Bay
Dwejra Bay
474 Reviews
Island of Gozo, Malta
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

Thanks folks - I think i am just going to toss a coin! Your comments more or less confirmed what I hought about the hotels - although I do believe Ta'Cec has been extensively refurbished, if this is true maybe I will give it a try...............

5. Re: Kempinski san Lawrenz or Ta'Cenc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations