We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

Cheshire
Level Contributor
447 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

Hi, we (4 adults) are thinking of going to Gozo end of next September. I want to staying a lovely hotel with pool that is right on a fabulous beach, so that I can rest & relax and the others can go snorkelling. Excellent food is a MUST. I wanted to go to stay on Comino, someone has said we would be better staying on Gozo...but I would still prefere Comino because we like it very very quiet. Thanks

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

There is only one hotel on Comino and I believe it is looking rather tired now, in need of re-furbishment. There is nothing at all on Comino, just the hotel.

What do you mean by a fabulous beach - do you mean a sandy beach? There is only one on Gozo - Ramla Bay. All other beaches are rocky, which is better for snorkelling. Gozo is tiny so you will never be far away from a beach. Will you be hiring a car? - advantageous in Gozo as public transport is not very good.

Two best hotels are San Lawrenz and Ta' Cenc but there are other hotels that are also good - depends on your budget. You could also opt to rent a villa with a pool

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

Your best bet would be Xlendi , but the beach is not so great ,just a small sandy patch below the hotel .

The hotels which Twirl mentioned are far superior than the ones at Xlendi and I tend to agree with Twirl .

Sometimes you cannot have the best of both worlds !!

Welcome to www.visitmalta.com

I used to snorkel at Hondoq but you need a car to get there !Ramla is the best beach and do not miss to see the Azure window and Dwejra .

Edited: 29 November 2010, 05:56
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

What about Marslforn and the Calypso Hotel ? It's popular with divers so I suppose it should be good for snorkeling too.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

Oh dear one thinks piggywinkle has booked Ramla Bay Resort!

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

I would suggest Comino as it is the only one with the beach as you like. It is true that it is a bit old but the location is second to none.

As for food, the hotel boat is crossing regularly to Gozo and just the the Mgarr Harbour you will be spoiled for choice of different restaurants, pizzerias, etc. So you are far from islolated on Comino as the hotel boat is regular. You can ask the hotel about the timetable and I am sure that you will love Comino if you want to relax by the pool and nice sandy beach.

Snorkling around Comino in places such as the hotel bay itself, Santa Maria and Crystal Lagoon (all accessable on foot) are really fantastic.

6. Re: Which hotel is by best beach for snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 06:19