We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo Honeymoon

gselliott
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gozo Honeymoon

Hi

We are having our honeymoon in Gozo at the start of August this year and as it’s our honeymoon we have splashed out on a private villa in Xaghra as after the wedding we are really wanting plenty of time to chill out and relax!

Anyway neither of us have been to Gozo before but I have been to Malta plenty of times but my last visit was when I was a teenager (over 15 years back now) but I know that Gozo is much quieter than Malta and to be honest that was one of the main reasons for choosing.

What I was wanting to know (after giving you my life story) was how easy \ difficult is it to get taxi’s on a night ? I’m not talking early hours of the morning but late enough for us to go out for a meal and enjoy a few drinks afterwards without one of us having to drive? As from what I can gather there isn’t too much in the way of restaurants in Xaghra itself (or am I totally incorrect saying that?) and we will need to be going a little further afield?

Anyway if anyone can help I would appreciate it and I’m sure I will have more questions nearer the time.

Thanks!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

If you have a mobile phone you could phone one of these taxis to pick you up ,or prebook a pickup from the restaurant reception.

http://www.gozo.com/gozodirectory/taxi.php

Have you considered hiring a car ?It could work out cheaper and you have the liberty of travelling at any time !!

Welcome to Malta

gselliott
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Thanks for the reply that website looks really useful!!

We will be hiring a car but was hoping that I wouldn't need to drive every night so I can enjoy a drink with my meal as well as my wife to be!!

Another question, what is the transfer time from the Airport to Gozo?

Thanks again

gselliott

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Road trips with the taxi should take about an hour , 40 minutes airport to Marfa ferry , 20 minutes Gozo ferry to destination .

The ferry takes about half an hour to dock , but depending on the time of your arrival at the dockside in Malta , you could wait for 30 to 90 minutes for the ship departure . Ferries are not every hour late at night , but frequent during the day .

http://www.gozochannel.com/timetable.asp?w=0

GoodMorning

Edited: 20 January 2011, 05:57
gselliott
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Hi 643,

Very good information, thank you very much!

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

where you will be staying there are a few places to eat and have a drink , however taxis after dark are quite rare unless you get the restaurant to book you one, taxis at the harbour and victoria and usually there until about 8pm .. even the buses dont run much later. you would be better off hiring a car to get about.

gselliott
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Hi we are definitely hiring a car the taxi was just so I didn't have to drive every night! Where would you suggest heading to on an eveing for a decent restaurant(s)?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Head to xlendi or marsalforn for decent restaurants, plenty to chose from

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

best restaurants in Gozo in my sole opinion:

'Cima ' at Xlendi Bay, ' Tmun' at Victoria and Mgarr; 'Country Terrace' in Ghajnsielem, 'Maji' in Victoria, 'Tatitas' at San Lawrence, 'Ta Frenc' , 'Otters' and 'Cartel' in Marsalforn, 'Jeffrey's' at Gharb, 'Gelmus' at Victoria. spoilt for choice?!

cheers John.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Oleander and D Venue (both in Xaghra square) are very good ... and really nice atmosphere.

Have to agree that hiring a car in Gozo is more worth than getting a taxi.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gozo Honeymoon

Oleander and D Venue (both in Xaghra square) are very good ... and really nice atmosphere.

Have to agree that hiring a car in Gozo is more worth than getting a taxi.