We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Events in February 2012

Kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Events in February 2012

We are spending a week on Gozo between 20 and 27 February 2012.

I understand that the Gozo Regional Carnival is celebrated around this time. Please can I get advice on whether there will be any events on during that week.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Events in February 2012

usually ria and nadur, but some of the other villages participate as well, have a look on gozo .com and the date is 40 days preceding lent.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Events in February 2012

you can also see visitmalta.com on the Gozo section or the forthcoming events, Malta has an organized 'Carnival with floats, competitions, sequences etc. There is a smaller version in Gozo.

The Nadur carnival is not organized but spontaneous. In fact, thousands of Maltese people and visitors each year cross over to Gozo to join in the celebrations. The Nadur Carnival is renowned for its darker (sometimes macabre) and more risque themes. You will often see cross-dressers, ghost costumes and revelers dressed up as clergy folk.

carnifest.com/carnivals/Malta-Carnival.asp

Kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Events in February 2012

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still unsure whether there are likely to be any celebrations (planned or unplanned) during our stay.

annetteodononovan, I believe that Lent starts on Ash Wednesday (Feb 22 2012) and 40 days preceding that is 14/15 January, which seems very early in the year, is this correct ?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
90 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Events in February 2012

Probably too late but;-

gozonews.com/12035/…

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Events in February 2012

From the 17th to 21st February there will be Carnival celebrations held in Malta.

Gozogeezer welcome to the Malta/Gozo forum. I hope you'll continue to contribute to it.

There are lots of events held throughout the year so it's important that visitors collect the Forthcoming Events booklet from the Tourist Office

6. Re: Events in February 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations