We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmhouse/Villa

USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Farmhouse/Villa

I visited Gozo on a day trip from Malta last time and would like to spend more time on the island on a future visit.

I'm considering renting a farmhouse/villa for a week - would like to be near Ta Pinu if possible... thinking perhaps Gharb would be a good place?

Any recommendations for farmhouses/villas that could accommodate six people (not sharing beds)? Would any be as large as to have six bedrooms?

Thanks.

How easy is it to dine at restaurants for people who cannot handle gluten? Are products available on the island - such as bread, pasta, etc. that are gluten free?

USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Also, perhaps Xaghra would be a good choice? It's a little farther from Ta Pinu but might have more available for grocery and restaurants.

We're thinking about not renting a vehicle and relying on taxis. Xaghra might be a better base with not having a vehicle than Gharb. The British style driving in Malta seems slightly intimidating...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Abrahams farmhouses come highly recommended, very modern, based in Xaghra, re gluten free Breeze restaurant should be able to cater easily, Rita is the owner

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
291 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

I recommend The Hamlet in Ghasri...walking distance from Ta' PInu church...so beautiful!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Ghasri has an excellent supermarket , the Lighthouse supermarket.

They sell everything you might need including lovely bread.

Graham

Marsaskala, null...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Gharb is a beautiful village with lovely farmhouses around. The lighthouse supermarket is also in Gharb, right before the main entrance to the village, As for gluten free food, many restaurants are now including certain dishes in their menu. As for farmhouses , I suggest Penmon farmhouse, which can handle up to 11 persons. www.penmon.net

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

you will be very restricted waiting for buses, car hire would enhance your holiday for some out of the way spots. try gozofarmhouses.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

I would say try gozofarmhouses.com, abrahamfarmhouses.com and gozvillarentals.com or have a look on the gozo tourism site. good luck

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Just returned from an Abrahams farmhouse stay in Xaghra...taxis are expensive..a 3minute return journey will cost 25 euros, a 1-2min return 15 euros

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

You will definitely benefit from the use of a hire car. Driving on the left-hand side of the road is somewhat less imposing on Gozo - there is nowhere near as much traffic as Malta, perhaps with the exception of Victoria only.

Hire the car, get used to driving on Gozo roads, then you should have the confidence to take the ferry over to Malta and enjoy some of the sights they have to offer.

If in fact you do go for car hire then the town of San Lawrenz also offers some fine farmhouses and is also close to Ta Pinu.

Edited: 22 September 2012, 09:27
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Farmhouse/Villa

Mayjo car hire are good, if you quote mygozo and ring rather than email you should get a 10% discount