We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gozo ferry crossing

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
gozo ferry crossing

hello

we are coming to Gozo on mon 18th feb

what is the ferry crossing like at the moment, not beingt a good sailor... i am dreading it but know there is a lovely Hotel at the other end of the journey

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gozo ferry crossing

The crossing to Gozo is very fast . It only takes about 25 minutes of which about 5 minutes each side is coming in and out of the harbours so there is only about 15 minutes in open sea.

The best bet is to go into the cafe and have a cup of tea or coffee. By the time you`ve drank it the journey will be over.

The crossing is usually smooth and if the sea is rough the ferry can be postponed.

It`s usually a pleasure to cruise over to Gozo ----- so enjoy it.

Graham

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gozo ferry crossing

thank you Graham

that has put my mind to rest

regards

London
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gozo ferry crossing

As a great fan of Graham, I hate to contradict, but don't hide away in the cafe, get up on the sun deck & enjoy the fantastic views of the coast of Comino, you'll also get a brief glimpse of the Blue Lagoon. The ferry crossing is a joy. Of the boats the Ta Pinu is my favourite.

Cheers

Ntd

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gozo ferry crossing

Hi Ntd.

I absolutely agree that enjoying the view is a great way to enjoy the crossing but my advice was really for somebody who doesn`t like boats ( ships ?? ) and would rather not watch the journey.

Graham

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
300 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gozo ferry crossing

the forecast for monday is Mostly clear to partly cloudy and it will not be windy. You will have a great time on Gozo :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gozo ferry crossing

Thanks to all for your posts on the crossing....

Can't help worrying about it though and looking forward very much to dry land the other side

London
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gozo ferry crossing

ha, ha.

I do believe there's been talk of a tunnel, or even a bridge for years, both technically feasible, but mighty expensive and as Malta is spending EU money like water on projects (just about all funding for everything is an eye watering 85% from EU) these days, for the sake of the UK tax payer, I'd rather these ideas be put to bed and long live the Gozo Channel Line even though the construction of the new Malta terminus has had 85% EU funding too (please correct me if wrong).

Ntd

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
795 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: gozo ferry crossing

Can we get a ferry to Gozo from St Julians or Sliema?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gozo ferry crossing

No, you have to take bus 222 to Cirkewwa and catch a ferry from there.

Phil-the-Bus

Melb
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: gozo ferry crossing

Guys on Sunday what time is the last bus from the gozo ferry terminal in Cirkewwa back to Sliema 222.

Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations