We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

London
Level Contributor
80 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

Are there services that will arrange to pick you up from malta airport take you across on the ferry to gozo and then onward to your hotel, who is best to use and what is approximate price?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

I once organized a door to door transfer through the hotel in Gozo (Kempinski) and therefore I imagine that if you contact your hotel they can organize this for you although this may not be the most cost effective option.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

Research Gozo Garage on-line - not used them but I see them in the ferry queue.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

I just booked a transfer with Holiday Taxis. For 2 adults (saloon car) it cost £30 return. I only booked the transfer to the port as the hotel on Gozo side has arranged to pick me up there. I'm sure the additional transfer cost on Gozo would not be too expensive. Here is the link.

http://www.holidaytaxis.com/en/search

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

Transfers to Gozo is best done in two halves.

A transfer to the ferry and then a second lift from the other side to the hotel.

The cost of taking the vehicle on the ferry is the expensive part.

Graham

St Albans
Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

We are staying at the Kempinski and contacted them for a quote. A return round trip inc ferry tickets was only 75 euros more than a return split trip. Given that we then don't need to worry about luggage/ getting own tickets and self on the ferry,we thought this was easiest

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

I suspect that your pick up at the airport will be by done by one vehicle that will drop you off at the port terminal, then unload your luggage that you will then have to carry on board yourselves, and another vehicle will be waiting at the Gozo end to transfer you to the hotel - this is what happened when I booked a private transfer through the hotel some four years ago. Payment for the ferry is only required on the return journey, and you will be given tickets by your driver - I would check with the hotel to confirm as to whether this procedure still applies.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 09:13
uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

There is a company called Gozo way not sure about the prices but last year was about 60 euro 1 way

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

We used maltatransfer.com to get to Gozo from Malta airport - but weren't very happy about the standard of service. On the plus side, the pick-ups were on time. Now the negatives: the pick-up drops off at all the hotels in the north of Malta before going to the ferry terminal, so travellers to Gozo are likely to miss the first possible ferry. It would be a good idea to go to the ferry direct and then drop off the other passengers who don't have to make an extra trip. You are likely to be on the bus for 75-100 minutes depending on traffic (as we were). The buses are old, in bad repair and very uncomfortable. It would be better for your mental state to a) find another transfer service b) take a taxi or c) take the X1 public bus between the airport and the ferry terminal. That takes 73 mins but is likely to be more comfortable than maltatransfer. By the way, the Gozo ferry service is excellent.

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
300 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

mayjo airport transfers are very efficient and reliable.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Malta airport to Gozo hotel

I've used mayjo's before and found them excellent. I would definitely recommend them.

Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations